share rss forum feed

Bhruic

join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON
kudos:2
reply to cowwoc

Re: Bell: We don't provide same service to Teksavvy customers

said by cowwoc:

Another thing I found out is that the Bell only gives out 8Mbps, not 10Mbps. So they're going around selling 25/10 connections when in actuality customers have no chance of getting 10 He said the only way to get 10Mbps up is get fiber to the house.

So, what do you think? Is he pulling my leg? Or is there a good chance that they're really rolling out new infrastructure in my area and it'll resolve itself in the next 2-3 months? Unlikely the previous techs who came by he seemed to be much more technically inclined so I tend to trust him more.

Well, it's hard to trust his "knowledge" of the rollout time when he's obviously wrong on the 10Mbps part. I've definitely got it, and I've definitely not got FTTH.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

1 edit
I thought Bell Fibe was FTTN (Fiber to the node), far as I can recall. And that there really isn't a true FTTH anyplace, except maybe down at the condo's on the waterfront properties, here in Toronto, Queens Quay areas I think it was; done by Beanfield.
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
Twitter:Merv Chat:irc.teksavvy.ca

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
said by TwiztedZero:

I thought Bell Fibe was FTTN (Fiber to the node), far as I can recall. And that there really isn't a true FTTH anyplace, except maybe down at the condo's on the waterfront properties, here in Toronto, Queens Quay areas I think it was; done by Beanfield.

Not so, Grasshopper.
There are plenty of places Dear Leader Most Benevolent and Divine George Cope is rolling out FTTP.
Guess how many providers you can choose from when that happens?

Come on, you can do it......

One, when FTTP is involved.

And that my friends is the state of competition in Canada, sanctioned by Herr Harpler's Telecom Policy and CRTC rulings.