uniqs
share rss forum feed

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

[POLITICS] Linda McMahon

Just wondering is this an ugly race?
My dad did like pro wrestling when he was alive.

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T Yahoo
·Callcentric

All the TV campaigning from every candidate is rife with half truths and promises with no explanations of how their promised "If I am elected" miracles will occur.

The sad part is that after these circus event sound bytes of slander and lies, these fools still consider themselves as appropriate choices to be elected and to make decisions that lead people.

It almost makes you glad their corporate sponsors are doing all the thinking for them, but not quite...

Same as it ever was... [banging head against wall]

disconnected

@snet.net

The way I understand it, from a former US congressman (relative of a close friend of mine) is that you enter Congress as a freshman, with dreams of cleaning up the corruption. One your first few days, your seniors read you their version of the Riot Act: basically, you do what WE say and don't rock the boat, or we have IRS audit all of your family members indefinitely and other fed agencies harass your family. This poor guy never ran for a second term. He was utterly distraught that he could do nothing to fix the corruption in DC. In this system, you either become corrupt and join the group, or you leave with your integrity and family still intact.

BTW, what's with all these sidebar adds saying Linda supports Obama?

PS: I was in the YMCA therapeutic pool yesterday when these two ultra-obese middle aged women came into the pool and were talking with the lifeguard. The conversation was about a conversation one of them had with NU utility workers and went something like this: line worker to fat worman: "Oh, your an Obama supporter? We'll get yours (electricity) back on real quick." The women were saying how they were both Obama supporters. No doubt in my mind they were both on public assistance for their eating disorders. I became so disgusted that I had to leave the pool.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1

1 edit

What's up with Linda trying to cast herself as an independent is that it's very hard for a Republican to get elected anything but Governor in CT.

Number of Republican House members from New England = 0
Number of Republican Senators from CT, RI, MA, VT = 1 and he's probably going to lose.
ME has Collins and Snowe [two very good Senators] who are repeatedly harassed by the Tea Party for being too moderate.
NH is NH.

She's trying to ride Obama's coattails like a skateboarder in traffic. I'm waiting for Joe Biden to show up somewhere and deflate that 'independent' balloon with a hatpin.

I'm wondering if the exchange with the lifeguard was the product of the woman's lack of a sarcasm detector. I can see a woman like this yelling that she's a big Obama supporter to try to impress [or bully, or whatever] the linemen into turning her power back on sooner. I can almost hear the lineman saying:

[annoyed, patronizing & sarcastic]
"Oh, you're a big Obama supporter? Oh, yeah, we'll get yours on real fast!" [suppresses snicker]

SwedishRider
Rider on the Storm
Premium
join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
reply to nonymous

Well, with Murphy's victory in the bag at this point, good riddance to the antics of this race from both candidates and their parties. If I had a nickel for every mud-slinging ad or phone call I've received in the last few weeks, I could buy lunch for the rest of the year with money left over!

sirchief
Premium
join:2001-12-14
Cromwell, CT
reply to nonymous

My favorite mailing from her was an absentee ballot. I opened it and my first reaction was that it didn't seem legal that she could do that. I wish I saved it, but I trashed with the rest of the "vote for me" cards I got that day.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
reply to SwedishRider

said by SwedishRider:

If I had a nickel for every mud-slinging ad or phone call I've received in the last few weeks, I could buy lunch for the rest of the year with money left over!

... and don't forget that if you had a penny for every dollar she's spent trying to buy a Senate seat, you'd be a millionaire.

I'm also very pleased to be rid of the political ads, and that goes for both parties' ads.