Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to MisterP

Premium Member

to MisterP

Re: [Speed] Ordered Blast tier (25/4) but am getting 16/2

said by MisterP:

I rebooted about a half hour ago (thought of it as I was typing up my last reply) and now the Status is operational, Signals all look within range and channel that was T4'ed says Success now, but I have gotten two T3 Timeouts already since rebooting and also a MIMO event whatever that is. Is this normal or is there still an issue?

Also, If I do a complete factory reset, will Comcast have to reprovision my modem? It was a PITA because they didn't know I had Blast and the corporate office is closed for tonight so I can't get them to send me a hit.

A few T3 and MIMO log entries after a reboot are not necessarily indicative of a problem. A factory default reset will not do anything that requires intervention from a Comcast tech.

I just did a factory default reset of my SB6121 and the screen shot images below were taken 17 minutes after doing it. Unless the error counts and the log entries are increasing at an alarming rate, you probably don't have a problem with your modem or your connection. Do what I just did, and then look at your logs and stats every hour to see if there is any evidence that the errors and log entries are steadily climbing by large numbers.

MisterP
join:2012-10-11
US

MisterP

Thanks for the info NetFixer and telcodad; nice to have something to compare my stats to.

I clicked factory reset on the page and the screen just flashed; i never lost my connection but the logs are cleared and some other counters reset so I guess that's it lol.

I guess we haven't been bit by that firmware bug thats been going around for the sb6121s eh netfixer? Not sure why, maybe Comcast in our neck of the woods found the problem. I was worried when I started seeing that offline and T4 stuff that I for sure was messed up.