how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kbjustin

join:2009-03-06
Fair Lawn, NJ

Problems changing channel from TBS HD?

Recently with the baseball playoffs being on I have been watching TBS more lately. I have been having a strange problem when I try to switch channels (doesnt matter how) my box just gets locked up and I have to turn it off and back on or sometimes even unplug it. I've noticed this with a couple other channels right around TBS (though I've been watching TBS the most). Another box in my house is also having the same issue.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1

I have seen this with many different channels.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to kbjustin

If you are seeing this when changing the channel after a long period of non-activity you may be experiencing this...

»[DVR] 7232 Slow, Unrepsonsive Until Warms Up or a Reboot

rds24a
Teach Your Children
Premium
join:2000-12-13
Newton Upper Falls, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to kbjustin

I have had similar problems with TBS. In the two cases I've had, it was a signal quality issue. I was told by a FIOS tech that there is something about the particular channel used by TBS-HD that makes it one of the first to have problems when the signal is bad. In one case, a new and tightened patch cable from the wall to the DVR fixed the problem. In another case, the cable on the back side of the wall jack did not have a proper compression fitting and there was a bad ground at the jack. In both cases, the repair immediately fixed the TBS problem.
--
Mourning the white and blue