Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to docbg

Re: Took the plunge!

said by docbg:

It seems a few of Start's CS reps aren't aware that Cogeco prefers cancellation of their service AFTER Start's service is activated (assuming one is not under contract). They kept trying to convince me otherwise until I mentioned this forum, which prompted her to check with a supervisor who set her straight.

Rocca might want to ensure the reps are all aware of this.

It's hit or miss on which Cogeco rep you get, what contracts you have and which other services you are keeping. Some combinations require notice, some don't.

Personally, I think it's safer to make sure you call Cogeco first to find out if you need to give notice based on a contract, other services you have, etc. If you call them and they say to cancel after, then that's great - however sometimes they tell customers 30 days and if we told new customers just to call after the transfer and they got dinged with another 30 day bill from Cogeco, that probably wouldn't go over too well.

But I'll let our Service Desk Manager know just as a reminder.

Thanks for the feedback and looking forward to having you with us.

docbg

join:2004-03-10
Ancaster, ON
Thanks Rocca. Looking forward to it as well.

I currently have TV and Internet with Cogeco and am only canceling Internet. Therefore, no 30 day notice is required. I am not under contract and Cogeco advised to cancel the day Start is active. Following your advice I put today's (actually yesterday's date when I placed the order) date on the form for the cancellation date. This REALLY confused the rep who thought I had already disconnected the service and wanted to charge me an extra $50.

She still said it would take 10 business days to activate the service. Is that true?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
said by docbg:

I currently have TV and Internet with Cogeco and am only canceling Internet. Therefore, no 30 day notice is required. I am not under contract and Cogeco advised to cancel the day Start is active.

Thanks.

said by docbg:

She still said it would take 10 business days to activate the service. Is that true?

Generally yes, but if you PM me your account # or name (and what date you'd want it for) I can take a look and see if we're able to push it a little quicker.