MagnusM
Premium Member
join:2001-07-07

1 recommendation

MagnusM to FF4m3

Premium Member

to FF4m3

Re: Kaspersky Lab To Create New OS 'To Save The World'

So yea, I don't want to derail ( ) this thread, but from the articles, this new Kaspersky OS is an industrial control operating system, not a consumer operating system. They're not trying to compete with Microsoft or Apple.

K McAleavey
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Voorheesville, NY

1 recommendation

K McAleavey

Premium Member

Hey guy! Clearly not a derail and absolutely correct.

I've read his sketchy notes and what he has in mind is both an embedded OS, end user OS, server OS, as well as secure communications protocols on top of that with validation to their origin, destination and "intent."

I sincerely wish him luck. Over the years, I've communicated with Gene plenty/ Where I see the potential problem for what they're doing though is Gene's eager coverage of stuxnet, duqu and the others in terms of those who carefully watch over security in the western nations such as yours. Gene was originally KGB and with those entities who he's been providing the most protection to in the past two years, I can see some major "political" issues to whatever he does now simply based on how he exposed stuxnet and the others.

I'm sure he'll do well in the former Soviet sphere now that that's back again. It's not like they'd trust any of US for their security to begin with. That's pretty much where I went with it having tried to get our own governments interested in what we're doing.

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to MagnusM

Premium Member

to MagnusM
said by MagnusM:

.....this new Kaspersky OS is an industrial control operating system, not a consumer operating system. They're not trying to compete with Microsoft or Apple.

So the title is a glorified one.