Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Ghastlyone

Re: What is your game to-do list?

I love the game, but it's too damn easy to level up and get awesome items.

I was having a blast at first as I would have to try hard to sneak past, or use special items and spells while having challenging fights... but I'm barely halfway in the main story, did a lot of side quests and now just bored because I'm literally unkillable, and kill almost everything in one shot.

FFS, last time a dragon tried to jump me, I walked in front of his face, crouched and stabbed him in the face. He was dead in 5 seconds.... Kinda lost interest after that.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4

Agreed ekster. I stopped playing my assassin cause I could just sneak up to someone's face in broad daylight and one hit them. Then I rolled a 2H Warhammer fighter, and got to the point where I could just wade in and crush people. I also leveled up Conjuration and had two Undead Thrall Dremora Lords with Warhammers as well. Kinda lost interest after being able to kill anything in seconds.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

said by Kristopher:

Agreed ekster. I stopped playing my assassin cause I could just sneak up to someone's face in broad daylight and one hit them. Then I rolled a 2H Warhammer fighter, and got to the point where I could just wade in and crush people. I also leveled up Conjuration and had two Undead Thrall Dremora Lords with Warhammers as well. Kinda lost interest after being able to kill anything in seconds.

If you bump up the difficulty, it does help with steamrolling all the creatures. However, it does not balance well in that some dragons can literally two-shot you on the hardest difficulty.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

I DEMAND GAMES THAT SCALE DIFFICULTY ON THEIR OWN!

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Goggalor

Throwing away all my items and not getting any extra skills helps with the steamrolling too... but like Kris said, it's up to the game to do that, not me.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

Then I rolled a 2H Warhammer fighter, and got to the point where I could just wade in and crush people.

Man, I don't even want to think how that works. My assassin with little daggers has been able to kill everything without even stabbing... a 2H warhammer must be killer.

Maybe I'll try and roll it for the kicks when I get bored again and then start shouting 'YOU! YOU GO SQUISH!' whenever I play it.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

said by ekster:

said by Kristopher:

Then I rolled a 2H Warhammer fighter, and got to the point where I could just wade in and crush people.

Man, I don't even want to think how that works. My assassin with little daggers has been able to kill everything without even stabbing... a 2H warhammer must be killer.

Maybe I'll try and roll it for the kicks when I get bored again and then start shouting 'YOU! YOU GO SQUISH!' whenever I play it.

The reality is that one-handed weapon scale so much higher in damage than two-handed weapons when it comes to making weapons with smithing. Thus, your assassin would probably kick the shite out of your Warhammerer, if he is maxed out in smithing.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

Hmm, he is nearly maxed out in smithing and enchanting. That's even more disappointing then.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Screw it. I'm gonna roll a peasant, and fight with my bare hands next. See how the difficulty scales then!
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

They have an unarmed combat skill... so you'd probably still steamroll halfway through.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Dammit! Then I'll dual wield pickaxes.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

Duel wielding heal other is probably the only way to keep it challenging enough so you can't just steamroll through!