Reviews:
·Comcast
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Southeast
reply to Mojo 77

Re: Watch the editorial bias, please.

Mojo 77:

Heh, I don't smoke, and I don't like it second-hand, either

No. For us, cable is absolutely out of the question for a host of reasons. Further, our experience with AT&T's DSL has been nothing short of boring -- no price changes, no outages, just plain, boring service. And my family sees that as a good thing.

Unfortunately, it is stuck at 3MB down, which I'd love to increase to a mere 6MB, but we're not so unhappy that we'd immediately switch to cable.

Clearly, you never went off site to read the history of the forum thread that I initiated on AT&T's forum, so I'll excuse that bit of ignorance on your part.

Regardless, as far as anyone that works at AT&T with whom I've spoken, certain story lines haven't changed (and with more than 8 direct communications each with a different person of varying degrees of intellect and technical prowess, that means they're not lying). Notice that I never said that AT&T would *not* stop in the future; I am saying that today's article on DSLReports.com severely intimated that suggestion, which was my main point.

Mojo 77

@speakeasy.net

Regardless, as far as anyone that works at AT&T with whom I've spoken, certain story lines haven't changed (and with more than 8 direct communications each with a different person of varying degrees of intellect and technical prowess, that means they're not lying). Notice that I never said that AT&T would *not* stop in the future; I am saying that today's article on DSLReports.com severely intimated that suggestion, which was my main point.

Yes, they are, they're just doing it in unison and reading the talking point from a folder. CAPEX has dropped, network investment has dipped, U-Verse build outs have stopped (with the exception of franchise obligations) and now they're looking to sever lines. None of that is opinion, it's fact supported by documentation and AT&T executive on-the-record-statements.

Perhaps you're excusing this lying because you hope they're not feeding you a line of bull, but they are.