spc
uniqs

Bye MJ
@frontiernet.net

Bye MJ to cmthru

Anon

to cmthru

Re: Call Forwarding

When call forwarding returns Magicjack is going to start charging for it. Below is a Q&A right off the MagicJack website. That is the straw that broke the camels back, I AM LEAVING. BTW MagicJack will try and charge you $30 for porting OUT. Only company(I know of) that charges to PORT OUT. They are allowed to charge but they CANT hold up your port if you dont pay it. That is FCC LAW.

-------------------------------
Question
Can I use magicJack to forward calls to my cell phone?

Answer
YES, if available, visit »my.magicjack.com and login to set up Call Forwarding. Click "Call Forwarding" under the "Call Features" tab and follow the prompts to check out.

The call forwarding feature may not be used to forward calls to conference, platform and non-ILEC area telephone numbers.

Plan Options: 100 minutes per month $4.95/year, or 500 minutes per month $19.95/year.
fitsun3
Premium Member
join:2003-09-20
Lake Villa, IL

fitsun3

Premium Member

Just filed a complaint with the FCC about the call forward feature Magic jack took away from us without notice. We paid for this service and Magicjack removed it. If anyone wants to file a complaint about this, report them at »esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsfor ··· pe=2000B
cmthru
join:2005-03-19
Germantown, MD

cmthru

Actually they really did not take it away. If one is a subscriber before they did the change, the call forwarding can be accessed via the link provided above in this thread. You will have CF available until your subscription expires. Or so they've told me.

However, I can understand the complaints, mine included, because MJ made the change without any notification in advance to those who paid for the service. There were also the lies by customer service that the suspension was 'temporary'. Those two complaints alone may be cause for some sort of federal action.

Once my subscription expires I'll go with another provider that hopefully won't pull the same stunts.
fitsun3
Premium Member
Lake Villa, IL

fitsun3

Premium Member

I tried the link. It just brings me to my account where i log in. There is no option for call forward. I've been with MJ for about 3 years. Always had call forward. I only use it for that reason. I don't like to give my home number out so I use to give the magic jack number out and it was forwarded to my home phone. I didn't know the call forward feature was not available until I went into my email and seen emails from MJ telling me I had voice mails. I never received a email from MJ before this. iT's not coming back. If it does, it will be a paid feature. If enough people filed complaints things like this would not happened.
cmthru
Germantown, MD

cmthru

I should have included the proper link and not refer to the one directly above my comment.

»my.magicjack.com/call-fo ··· ing.html
golfer55
join:2009-12-25
Grottoes, VA

golfer55

Link does not work for me take me to log in page then i see no option for call forwarding
cmthru
Germantown, MD

cmthru

After you log in it ought to jump to the CF switch page.
fitsun3
Premium Member
Lake Villa, IL

fitsun3 to cmthru

Premium Member

to cmthru
said by cmthru:

I should have included the proper link and not refer to the one directly above my comment.

»my.magicjack.com/call-fo ··· ing.html

It's a no go for me. It just brings me to the login page. I looked under every tab Call Farward is not there for sure. Looked into Nettalk. Seem like a lot of features and they have a wireless model for the same price of the MG+ unit. I also researched the ONi100 VOIP adapter for VOIP calls. You can use it with Google voice. The unit retails for $39.95 but I found it on New egg for $29.95 dont know if this was a cyber Monday price but it looks like a great alternative to all others because google voice does not charge for calls

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork

GVJack is another option. It's approximately $20, one-time fee, and works with your old MJ device through Google Voice.

»www.pcphonesoft.com/
fitsun3
Premium Member
Lake Villa, IL

fitsun3

Premium Member

I also have checked out GVjack that can be used with the magic Jack. The only problem I see with this is, you need the magic jack unit plugged into your computer for this to work. To me, it's a step backwards. If I'm wrong on having the magic jack being connected to a computer please advise. Thanks

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork

Nope you're not wrong, it has to be connected to the computer. The GVJack software isn't built into the MJ device, so it has to run on a computer. For a one time fee of $20 it doesn't feel like a step back to me at all, and since it's Google Voice and not MJ no numbers are blocked like they are with MJ.

I've been using GVJack since about February and have no regrets. I run it on a $100 computer I bought just for MJ and since it runs my web server anyway I'm not out anything by keeping that cheap computer on all the time.