Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

crazediamond
Maybe you shouldn't be so proud?
Premium
join:2002-01-19
Atlanta, GA

leaked trailer for Evil Dead remake (looks good!)

»www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00054688.html

As opposed to certain other remakes (Robocop) this looks fine and Sam Raimi at least is saying he's wanted to remake it with a modern studio/budget/effects for a while so here we are.

Its a cell phone video from comicon so the quality is about what you'd expect.
--
And if I show you my dark side, will you still hold me tonight?
And if I open my heart to you, and show you my weak side, what would you do?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

quote:
They include the chainsaw scene to remove a demonic arm and the return of the rapist tree. It ends with a gory scene of a girl cutting open her own mouth with rusty scissors.

I quoted from your link.
It sounds like they combined evil Dead 1 and 2. As Ash didn't remove his arm until Evil Dead 2.

I can't recall which one the rapist tree was in, but the gal with the scissors sounds new.

I guess Campbell doesn't get it:

quote:
Producer Campbell added, "As middle-aged filmmakers now, we realized maybe it's just too late to strap on that chainsaw one more time." He went on, "The point is, it's time to give these people what they want - a new experience done with handsome young thespians covered in new buckets of blood, from a new director hand-picked by Sam Raimi himself."

"You are impatient people and we know you need blood pouring out of every orifice. Your s*** will be just as freaked as it was in the original. If you want me to crown her the new Ash? I will put that crown on my f***ing self."

He will always be "The Ash". And fans will bicker over who was the better Ash, just like they so with Batman or Superman.

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Sniper3142
Slapsho3142

join:2002-01-25
Tustin, CA
reply to crazediamond

Darn, that looks GOOD.

There is a reason that Evil Dead is considered a Cult Classic. I think this remake might (hopefully) live up to that standard.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Snakeoil

said by Snakeoil:

He will always be "The Ash".

No question; you can call someone new by the same name, but there's only one Ash.

crazediamond
Maybe you shouldn't be so proud?
Premium
join:2002-01-19
Atlanta, GA
reply to Snakeoil

The tree was in 1 and the scissors is new, but from the preview I'm not sure I'd classify those as scissors either (still new as far as I can recall)

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

1 recommendation

reply to crazediamond

Meh, yet another remake. Wake me up when someone has an original idea.

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to crazediamond

Sorry it's still a remake a reboot whatever you want to call it. Sure you might get someone good enough to carry on the mantel. But to me Bruce Campbell will always be The Ash.

Big Budgets are fine and dandy but they don't always equate a great movie. Cough* Water World * Cough. And considering what the first three movies did on their budgets, they will IMO always be better.

It's fine and dandy to use all the latest "advanced technology" that is available today that wasn't back then. But it's funny how my imagination painted over the visual shortcomings and occasional flaws. I don't know maybe that comes from having read Science fiction and Fantasy Books as a kid. Guess that means I'm Old.
--
"Sir SIR! We don't use DHCP servers. We only use IBM & Microsoft servers." From there my call to tech support went steadily downhill.

--Turn the lights down in your soul cut the power to your heart see the carcass in its dying rages.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
reply to Wily_One

said by Wily_One:

said by Snakeoil:

He will always be "The Ash".

No question; you can call someone new by the same name, but there's only one Ash.

With his BOOM stick!!

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to Varlik

said by Varlik:

It's fine and dandy to use all the latest "advanced technology" that is available today that wasn't back then. But it's funny how my imagination painted over the visual shortcomings and occasional flaws. I don't know maybe that comes from having read Science fiction and Fantasy Books as a kid. Guess that means I'm Old.

I hear what you’re saying. However,….

I don’t know that liberal use of CGI is always appropriate for these types of movies. I guess it depends on how it is used. On a smaller scale sure but on a broader scale I don’t think that a CGI based adversary (monster, zombie, demon and so on) is very intimidating. At least not yet anyway,…

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to crazediamond

Warning,….!!!!

This trailer may be a bit too graphic for some. Don’t watch it if you have a delicate constitution. You’ve been warned.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceBXUyuv4Q0

Updated trailer,.....

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

I remember the original. One of the few movies that scared me (I think I was 13 or so and watching it in my parent's dark basement) Wouldn't mind seeing this one.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

Looking at the trailer I can kind of see where some of the inspiration for “The Cabin in the Woods” came from.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL
reply to Voxxjin

The movie that still scares the crap out of me is Dawn of the Dead, same circumstances as you watching it in a dark basement with friends, as a early teen. Yipes!! Evil is scary but after watching Army of Darkness it isn't as scary anymore.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to Voxxjin

I remember how a local station would run old horror movies on Saturday afternoon [back in the 70's]. They were starting to run "The Blob" and I quickly joined my mom for her weekly shopping tripe. I dunno, but something about the blob working it's way down the farmers arms, it just creeped me out. And that is the only horror movie to do that to me to date, well the 1st one. The second movie that wigged me out [because I was really into religion at the time and didn't typically see movies] was Angel Heart. Though the movie shied aaway from the darker tones of the book. [I read the book after the movie. The movie left out the scene where the satanist had killed a baby to use it's blood as Communion wine.].
The movie was ok, but not as good as the original Omen series, which also had a slight creep factor. Now today, horror movies are mostly entertaining, but the gals tend to keep their clothes on, unlike the classic Friday the 13th movies.

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Warzau
Premium
Naperville, IL

Holy crap I remember the Blob with McQueen. I had the misfortune of watching that on the TV when I had a fever when I was 8 years old. Afterwards, I literally had hallucinations that the blob was coming out of the TV speakers, much like it did from the movie theater.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

For some reason, that version of the blob with it's cheap effects is creepier then the remake blob.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Warzau

I had the misfortune of watching the blob when eating a jelly sandwich,.....