spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

undecided

@direcpc.com

Anyone with Gen4

Almost anyone who has Hughes net, either the 7000 or 9000 series, has experienced DNS problems at one time or another. Has the problem been fixed with Gen 4 or will continue to be an issue.

zeekstern

join:2007-11-25

Nope, still a problem. I am still using the same DNS servers with the T1000 and actually have had more DNS issues with it than when I had the 9000.

pvtpilot94
System
Premium
join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH
reply to undecided

Its terrible tonight. I am using a 7000 modem. just about every page I have to reload

ranman2

join:2012-10-17
Gainesville, FL
reply to undecided

I got it yesterday, so far works great!! Was using the Sprint hotspot, Gen4 blows it away.

james1979
Premium
join:2012-10-09
Quinault, WA
reply to undecided

said by undecided :

Almost anyone who has Hughes net, either the 7000 or 9000 series, has experienced DNS problems at one time or another. Has the problem been fixed with Gen 4 or will continue to be an issue.

I ditched my HN7000s for Gen 4 as soon as I could because of the increasing frequency of DNS lookups errors. I have not had any DNS lookup errors with Gen 4 using the modem (192.168.0.1) as my DNS server.

I've encountered a much worse problem with Gen 4 which I'm about to start a new topic about.

who knows

@direcway.com

I haven't had any DNS errors at all. The thing works super fast and so far my data cap resets at least once a day but I'm not sure as to why that is happening. Not complaining though Anyhow, switch to the new equipment, works great!

james1979
Premium
join:2012-10-09
Quinault, WA

said by who knows :

... so far my data cap resets at least once a day but I'm not sure as to why that is happening. Not complaining though

The daily refills are apparently part of testing.

»Gen 4: HT1000 Download Allowance Status