how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

monicakm

join:2005-03-12
Grand Saline, TX

Optimal Signal Strength for Gen 4

Anyone know what the optimal signal strength is for the HT1000?
Thanks

heeby jeeby

@verizon.net
after installing beta sites, and now new installs and upgrades, on a .74m antenna, i have seen signals ranging 115-145. all were absolutely peaked right out. i have heard from hughes that you can see a 20-30 point signal difference in any particular cell from middle of cell towards the outer edge also. signal differences between cells though, i cannot tell you. i would assume similar signals in texas, versus my area in the northeast, but cannot say with any certainty. whereas with a 9000, i can tell you statewide, where signals in my area are higher and lower....based on the cell.

i have also spoken to someone asking me for guidance when beta testing on dishnetworks' .69m antenna with an ht1000 modem, where they peaked out were at signal of 95~ish,

monicakm

Grand Saline, TX
cells...middle, outer, I don't know what all that means
My signal strength is 149. Course when I saw that I thought it was bad since my normal 9000 signal strength was 178ish.
Thanks!

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX
huh.. you're further out of the center of the beam than I am and the highest I've seen is 144. I might try tweaking it myself and seeing what I can get. It's got the same trim bolts as a DirecTV slimline dish.

monicakm

Grand Saline, TX

1 edit
I don't know where I am located in/on the "beam" LOL How would one know or is it even important that I do know? Right now the signal strength is 150.

Also, my Download Allowance Status is back to 100% Does it refill like the old system does so you CAN end up having more download allowance than your plan advertises? With all the speed testing and seeing how fast Youtube is, it had gotten down to 98 or 97%. So if it's timed right, you can actually have more than 10GB/month, yes?

monicakm

Grand Saline, TX
Never mind, I found the answer to the "refill" question.

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX
reply to monicakm

Need

@direcway.com
Zoom in on that link and play with the different beams above the map. Chances are you will find two spot beams that are close to you. System Control Center may even tell you what beam your on.

Monica think of the beam coverage area like a Bullseye. The closer to center you get the stronger the signal. IF beams overlap then as a installer you will want to pick the stronger beam. Coarse I figure that is up to NOC side and which they assign. Each beam on any Satellite has a MAX it can handle. I would think.