share rss forum feed

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to crazediamond

Re: leaked trailer for Evil Dead remake (looks good!)

quote:
They include the chainsaw scene to remove a demonic arm and the return of the rapist tree. It ends with a gory scene of a girl cutting open her own mouth with rusty scissors.

I quoted from your link.
It sounds like they combined evil Dead 1 and 2. As Ash didn't remove his arm until Evil Dead 2.

I can't recall which one the rapist tree was in, but the gal with the scissors sounds new.

I guess Campbell doesn't get it:

quote:
Producer Campbell added, "As middle-aged filmmakers now, we realized maybe it's just too late to strap on that chainsaw one more time." He went on, "The point is, it's time to give these people what they want - a new experience done with handsome young thespians covered in new buckets of blood, from a new director hand-picked by Sam Raimi himself."

"You are impatient people and we know you need blood pouring out of every orifice. Your s*** will be just as freaked as it was in the original. If you want me to crown her the new Ash? I will put that crown on my f***ing self."

He will always be "The Ash". And fans will bicker over who was the better Ash, just like they so with Batman or Superman.

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
said by Snakeoil:

He will always be "The Ash".

No question; you can call someone new by the same name, but there's only one Ash.

crazediamond
Maybe you shouldn't be so proud?
Premium
join:2002-01-19
Atlanta, GA
reply to Snakeoil
The tree was in 1 and the scissors is new, but from the preview I'm not sure I'd classify those as scissors either (still new as far as I can recall)

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
reply to Wily_One
said by Wily_One:

said by Snakeoil:

He will always be "The Ash".

No question; you can call someone new by the same name, but there's only one Ash.

With his BOOM stick!!