Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RXDOC
You want what?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-03-13
Pawtucket, RI

[HD] SpeedHD is suddenly not authorized?

Was watching it Tuesday...got home yesterday...237 is not authorized...called tech support...they hit the box twice and now are sending a truck roll. This is the only HD channel that I normally got but not cannot...they say its a signal issue?

puckhater

@lightpath.net

Same thing just happened to me with YES. Turned out some frequencies were too low

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:5

Yes, see my post about this in another recent thread: »Re: [HD] Fox Ohio Valley College Football Broadcast

RXDOC
You want what?
Premium,MVM
Pawtucket, RI
reply to RXDOC

WOW...since they were out last month fixing all the connections it looks like a line amp/booster is in my future!

Thanks for the quick responses!

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to telcodad

But 'Not Authorized' means it's not allowed to tune that channel. A weak signal would cause an Sa00 (or whatever) error.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:5

I would have thought so too, but as puckhater said:

said by puckhater :

Same thing just happened to me with YES. Turned out some frequencies were too low

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to RXDOC

On a Chicago forum, somebody is posting the same thing. I think this is some package issue with Comcast messing up some authorization codes.

Out of curiosity, does the SD channel work?

RXDOC
You want what?
Premium,MVM
Pawtucket, RI
reply to RXDOC

The SD channel works...

I was told today that the HD channel was removed and required the sport package, but the SD channel was not touched.

I called back and they had no indication that this was true so it has been escalated.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

By me, Speed has always been in the S&E package. And that includes both SD and HD. I don't see why they would be different.