Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

Hi. I am not accessible to the computer right now

quote:
Hi. I am not accessible to the computer right now because I could not update their required info on time. How can I reaccessible to internet?

Also, my delete command in outlook is not functioning properly.

Can you please take a look?

Thanks,

got the above email from a colleague who sent it via outlook over our exchange email.

netboy34
Premium Member
join:2001-08-29
Kennesaw, GA

netboy34

Premium Member

i just reimaged amachien and installign printer thru teh batch file and when i click on it as a teacher it says cant connect to tehprinter and the printer is on

Do you know who we contact if we school wants to move smartbaord from one room to another.

sample of some IMs from a technician that somehow makes more than I do and asks a question then walks away, so that I can't even ask her any questions back.
For example on the first one, I would ask which printer? I won't get an answer for 3 hours.

For the second I would ask how old is it, as some are vendor supported and some are out of warranty, and depending on the status; the vendor might do the moving or it would be up to the school...

This is a daily thing from her to multiple techs.

TuxRaiderPen
A Warm Embrace
join:2009-06-02
Outer Rim

TuxRaiderPen to AVD

to AVD
My favorite phone call:

Ring....

Me: "Hello"

Them: "Are we having problems?"

No ticket. No email. Just that simple question over the phone.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I normally reply.

Why do you ask, are YOU having trouble?

sometimes I hear about an issue from someone before I get an e-mail from SCOM.

TuxRaiderPen
A Warm Embrace
join:2009-06-02
Outer Rim

TuxRaiderPen

Haha, oh yeah, I'll usually ramble off something along those lines, can't see the pretty birds outside from my office anymore, so on...

"Yes, we are definitely having problems at home. Potty training isn't going so well"

Only takes a few times from the new hires. Management's pretty good about getting the message out about protocol and USE THE TICKET SYSTEM / CLEARLY STATE THE PROBLEM. Given that I work with a lot of technical people, we're pretty good at expecting clear definitions of problems, but the occasional ambiguity pokes through.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to AVD

MVM

to AVD
My personal pet peeve for a summation of a problem description "I have a problem. Fix it. It is urgent."
That's it, that's all. Any sort of relevant, useful technical details is apparently beyond either the
user or the person opening the ticket to provide or get it.

'Scuse me, blood pressure reaching Chernobyl levels...

Regards

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out how he sent the email through his inaccessible "not accessible" computer.

netboy34
Premium Member
Kennesaw, GA

netboy34

Premium Member

webmail on his phone... at least thats what they do here...

hopefully the user didn't get his with the FBI scareware thats been floating around...

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

1 edit

AVD

Premium Member

said by netboy34:

webmail on his phone... at least thats what they do here...

hopefully the user didn't get his with the FBI scareware thats been floating around...

it went over our internal, wired network.

netboy34
Premium Member
Kennesaw, GA

netboy34

Premium Member

sorry... not enough caffine this morning

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by netboy34:

sorry... not enough caffine this morning

I put some clarification in there... fault is mine.

wapu
Broadband Ranger
Premium Member
join:2001-09-05
Albion, NY

wapu to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
My favorite phone call is:

My Computer wont turn on.

Especially when we go through all the trouble shooting and determine she really meant she couldn't log on. Because she forgot her password.

That is why my first response to that call is asking if the power is out in their building, then I ask what they see on the screen. If they tell me yes and the screen is black, then we will start trying to figure out why.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by wapu:

My favorite phone call is:

My Computer wont turn on.

Especially when we go through all the trouble shooting and determine she really meant she couldn't log on. Because she forgot her password.

That is why my first response to that call is asking if the power is out in their building, then I ask what they see on the screen. If they tell me yes and the screen is black, then we will start trying to figure out why.

Til they move the mouse and say oh that fixed it.