share rss forum feed

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC
reply to skeechan

Re: Damn Man - iPhone is on a Roll!

Versus the OS X + iOS + appleTV. Gotcha. Can't really comment since I never really used the Xbox for streaming.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
Exactly...imagine an AppleTV with apps, with some sort of controller. It would be a great bottom tier game machine to compete with the original Wii (the $99 price point). I think it would bring AppleTV into the mainstream, being a game platform. I think that would do better to spur sales that trying to make it a DVR or set top streaming cable box.

Play a game on the XBOX360, then take that game with you on a high end Windows 8 phone (making WP8 a real competitor to PS Vita). Have a Microsoft version of Airplay to stream content from a WP8 to any XBOX 360, so you could hit a friend's house with a movie and watch it on their TV, etc.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Count Zero
I leave my iTunes open and running on my Mac Pro (which serves my iTunes media) 24/7 and it's sitting at around 260MB out of the 16GB in the machine. I just opened a SINGLE browser window in Windows XP to DSLR and it's taking up 55MB. Open a Google Maps tab and that jumps to 80MB. I closed the google maps tab and RAM usage for IE actually jumped to 82MB. Dropbox on that machine is running at 80MB too.

I see similar high usage from any advanced programs handling a lot of data (Filemaker, Quickbooks, etc) on both OS X and Windows.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
I haven't worried about how much RAM something is using in over a year. A modern computer with 8+GB RAM and a fast SSD will do that, I suppose.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
Winston Salem, NC
reply to skeechan
Well I don't play any video games so its all meh to me!

Though ill probably buy halo 4 later.

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
Winston Salem, NC

1 edit
reply to Thinkdiff
Indeed.

I think a lot of iTunes bad press comes from when people typically had less RAM and iTunes didn't perform well.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
said by Count Zero:

Indeed.

I think a lot of iTunes bad press comes from when people typically had less RAM and iTunes didn't perform well.

That would be me. I have a 32bit Windows machine. Other than the issue it can't address more than about 3.3GB of RAM (I have 4GB in it) it's a fast quad core machine. But I admit it's now dated. It handles everything I need great (including heavy-duty video encoding) except iTunes which blows chunks to be honest.

I either need to update my main machine or get something like a Mini to act as an iTunes server.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

osxtasy

join:2008-07-03
reply to itguy05
Yeah, it's definitely on a roll, and deservedly so!

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
lol