Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium Member
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

Varlik to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean

Re: The Walking Dead

'Pulling a Heroes' simply means having a new show that explodes on the scene. It's fun, captivating, and often fast paced. Then when the second season comes along it drags along with no real flow and sloppily comes together at the end in a big mess.

I know that The walking dead has an existing storyline. But well when money gets involved (Remember the hotter a show gets the more it's potential long term worth.) other powers tend to start meddling with the workings and Muck everything up.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Well in that case the extended stay on the farm qualifies for what you are saying. In other words it arguably already happened to this series.

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium Member
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

Varlik

Premium Member

Somewhat but they still came together at the end. It wasn't IMO as bad as Heroes second season. I will say that it's the only non animation, cartoon, anime based show on my DVR list that I really look forward to as of late.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

said by Varlik:

Somewhat but they still came together at the end. It wasn't IMO as bad as Heroes second season.

Which is why I said arguably. I think it came together at the end of last season too (for the most part) but I’m guessing not everyone would agree. I might just have gotten a little too caught up in the barn fire scene which was great. I do think they tried to cover a little too much in that last episode of the last season though.

IMO, Heroes had nowhere to go after the first season. It seemed to me like they just rebooted the show and somehow managed to make it significantly less interesting overall.
said by Alcohol:

One thing I don't get is, why don't they wear more clothes? Clearly the only way to get infected is to be bitten (or shot?). Why don't they double up on heavy clothing. That way it's harder for the zombies to get to the skin. They're wearing the same clothes 6 months later. Summer to winter? Take the shit off the zombies and wear it. You kill 600 of them an episode so there is plenty to choose from.

You might want to go back and watch the last episode of last season. They already covered this subject somewhat.

As always, don’t read the redacted bits if you don’t want to know the answer to your question but,…

Rick explained that when they were in the CDC, Doctor Jenner revealed to him that any death results in becoming a zombie regardless of how you died. Therefore presumably they have all been exposed to something worldwide. The only way around this fate is a death involving damage to the head similar to a zombie kill. Being bitten by a zombie is fatal but all non-head injury related deaths results in becoming a zombie.

There clues to this in that season leading up to the reveal.

This is also why in the premiere Lori, Rick’s Wife, was telling Hershel that she was worried about her unborn baby being stillborn, becoming a zombie and eating his / her way out.

That’s the TV series version. In the book they found out at the prison due to a series of none zombie related deaths whereby the victims came back as zombies.

As for the clothing question, the group started to use prison uniforms of which there were many or at least this was the case in the book. Naturally the prison guard riot gear we have already seen was and will be used to help protect them when dealing with zombies.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

Since if you're read the books, i'm curious. Does it have an ending? I don't want to know what it is, just that it has one.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

No ending so far. I just bought issue 103 on my iPad a few minutes ago.