uniqs

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Hit lev 90 started to grind rep and Oh Crap! I can't cook.

I've been lack about training/increasing healing and Cooking skills. Fishing is at 350-375 and I just purchased the next level to that.

Sadly, it'll cost me a whole bunch of gold to increase the other two skills. Though I could go crawling through the low level areas to gather the stuff I need.

I had picked up 4 dailies yesterday, that I couldn't do. All because I didn't train healing or cooking.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Luckily the thanks giving event is getting closer, a good time for rep and cooking.
wabisuke
join:2007-01-23
Philippines

wabisuke to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
For cooking, go to halfhill. Learn the recipe from the trainer, buy the mats off her, rinse and repeat to at least 520

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I feel your pain. I have never and will never level Archy or Fishing and this has made Cloud Seprpent dailies a little slower but what the heck rather do them than level those skills.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to wabisuke

Premium Member

to wabisuke
ahh ok. I have a cooking quest from there for sliced peaches.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
Just do the capital city daily.

Guess you're not touching the anglers then
wabisuke
join:2007-01-23
Philippines

wabisuke to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

ahh ok. I have a cooking quest from there for sliced peaches.

Yup, the quest giver is the same trainer/seller of mats. Each new recipe you get to learn just as the recipe turns yellow (and it gives 5 cooking pts until then!). Just talk to the trainer again to learn the new recipe and cook away. You can get from 1-520 in like minutes. You'll need a few gold carps for some of the recipes though, i think around 42-50.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

k. Gold carps aren't a problem. I caught a few already. Thank you for the tip.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

And then you'll need 10 gold carps a day for fish cakes for cloud serp rep.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to wabisuke

Premium Member

to wabisuke
said by wabisuke:

For cooking, go to halfhill. Learn the recipe from the trainer, buy the mats off her, rinse and repeat to at least 520

This, you only really need like 30 golden carp which you can get from the AH, everything else you can buy from the vendor.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Golden carps (I call them craps) are hard to fish if your fishing skill is low.. if you don't have time better buy them, I wish they were a few schools of those

My main is at 560 fishing, still gets trash of rivers/lakes, had to carry the 30 skill pole and 150+ skill lure to it..

So you can get from low level cooking to 520 in halfhill? I didn't know that! perhaps because the 2 toons I leveled up had maxed skill.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
I've never cooked or fished on any toon.

I barely have the time and energy to level primary professions, much less secondaries.

It never really appealed to me either, I'd rather shoot stuff with magical beams or stab something in the kidney than watch a bobber or kill rats to make stew.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
There's a wow fishing site I check for fishing info from time to time.

Jade forest requires a skill of 650 to not catch grey, although at 600 its not bad.

IIRC dread wastes requires about 850.

BTW if you grind nat peggle rep, (by far the slowest one in the game) you can buy his hat, which is like the weather beaten hat but it applies a 150 lure.

also he sales some other +skill items.

To grind his rep you need to fish, alot, there are 3 special fish that start a quest each.

you turn them into him for rep, but they're
1. daily quests
and
2. unique so you can only have 1 of each in you bag at a time.

1 is caught in inland fresh water
another is caught in sea water
and the last one in sha touched water.

the special fish also give angler's rep.
and the angler's dailies give fishing skill points.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

I've never cooked or fished on any toon.

I barely have the time and energy to level primary professions, much less secondaries.

It never really appealed to me either, I'd rather shoot stuff with magical beams or stab something in the kidney than watch a bobber or kill rats to make stew.

I feel you pain but I opted to do cooking in the end of wrath.

and now i'm only 2 ways away from being able to finish to be a master.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Snakeoil

MVM

to Snakeoil
Too late this month, but the Darkmoon Faire lets you add 5 to any skill over 75 with fairly simple quests. It is once a month, but great for getting that last 5.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Although that and the major city cooking dailies will boost general cooking they won't boost way cooking

but the last 5 are easy anyway just use a feast recipe, it'll make 5 feasts and the 10man one will give 5 way skill points and 25 man 8 skill

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

And since the 25 man one uses double the mats (except for the token mat), but doesn't give double skill points, make the 10 man version.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Yep, unless you're raiding in 25mans.

and you're going to want to max all 6 ways. (the brew feasts are easiest (just plants and a token)
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
Really the only expensive part is going to be the golden carp you're going to need for the certain recipes (which are just 2) to level up to 525+. I think I spent roughly 550 gold (golden carp can only be bought with Ironpaw tokens) on the ah for the carp.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
I catch them with the minnows for the cloud serp quests.

I also accidentally got started on the Tillers daily quest chain. So now I have two going at once. Dang it.
Threatco
join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

Threatco to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
I hope some patch the add raising animals to the farm so we can get the meat needed for feasts.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
I increased my cooking from 116 to 430 in about 2 hours. Using the stuff at half hill. The only reason why it took so long is because I had to stop and fish up Gold Carp. My skill was 350 in fishing, But has since moved over 400. I use a +20 fish pole. It seems Gold Carp are ever were, and that they have a decent success rate. At 350 [or a little less 330 or so], I was able to fish up all the carp [12] I needed in about 10-12 minutes. Now I'm just over 400 in skill [I didn't add the +20], it seems to be a tad bit faster.
I fished for carp at the pools by the Cloud serpent area, as well as the "river" near half Hill. Both seem to have the same rate of success.
Also, I've managed to pull up a "crate" in both locations [non-spawn pool crate].

So far, I've needed 36 carp for the recipes. For some recipes, you need 12 carp.
djlar

djlar

Don't forget the 150 lure, helps a lot, engineers can make it and it's cheap on the AH..

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

That's another I have to work on, engineering. I wish it was as easy as cooking
But I like my hunter as he can use traps, and engineer built bombs [I went with Goblin], to help get a decent DPS score.
djlar

djlar

On MoP everybody can use bombs now... they removed the engineering only requirement.. (G19 Landshark)

Although they have a rather slow cast time but they are nice for some AoE..

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

And the one I got from blingatron causes the potions to go on CD.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to wabisuke

Premium Member

to wabisuke
said by wabisuke:

I did that for my 2 alts, and I got stopped at like 100 or 125... at some point they require mats that they don't sell at that vendor.
Stix8
join:2010-01-08
Philadelphia, PA

Stix8 to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
For Nat Pagle's rep, do you need to get a quest to catch the special fish or can you just catch them regardless? Ive done some Anglers dailies but didn't see him around to see if he offers a quest. Is he in the same place as the Anglers?

tia

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya he's the QM there near the Anglers dailies.

you just fish for them, they're unique so you can only carry one of each at a time.

just pick a body of water and fish till your eyes bleed and pray to the RNG gods.

once you get one go to ether of the other 2 types of water (sea, inland, and sha touched) to try catching the others.

the fish starts a quest to go see nat.

BTW after you turn a fish in for the day you can go and catch another for the next day's turn in.

you get angler rep and nat rep for the 3 special fish.

And if as I have had happen you get the same fish twice on one cast (should be super rare to have happen) you only get to loot one and then it'll say you can't loot the other.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to djlar

to djlar
said by djlar:

Golden carps (I call them craps) are hard to fish if your fishing skill is low.. if you don't have time better buy them, I wish they were a few schools of those

My main is at 560 fishing, still gets trash of rivers/lakes, had to carry the 30 skill pole and 150+ skill lure to it..

So you can get from low level cooking to 520 in halfhill? I didn't know that! perhaps because the 2 toons I leveled up had maxed skill.

this, time to set it and forget it