join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin

Re: The Walking Dead

said by Voxxjin:

said by Alcohol:

One thing I don't get is, why don't they wear more clothes? Clearly the only way to get infected is to be bitten (or shot?). Why don't they double up on heavy clothing. That way it's harder for the zombies to get to the skin.

Oh I agree. I would probably be wearing thicker clothing or some sort of 'armor' whether it be football pads or fashioning actual metal bracers and such.

I think they make mention of it in the last episode. You see them holding up the armor and helmets, Rick I think asks if they want to wear it and its all slimy and gooey. And Daryl says no way, and besides we've come this far without it.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

said by Voxxjin:

said by Alcohol:

One thing I don't get is, why don't they wear more clothes? Clearly the only way to get infected is to be bitten (or shot?). Why don't they double up on heavy clothing. That way it's harder for the zombies to get to the skin.

Oh I agree. I would probably be wearing thicker clothing or some sort of 'armor' whether it be football pads or fashioning actual metal bracers and such.

And Daryl says no way, and besides we've come this far without it.

That's some dumb logic. Especially considering how many people they've lost. Poor writing.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
said by Fir_Na_Tine:

I think they make mention of it in the last episode. You see them holding up the armor and helmets, Rick I think asks if they want to wear it and its all slimy and gooey. And Daryl says no way, and besides we've come this far without it.

Well I don't think anyone would want to wear a helmet that is still dripping from a zombie's face. Hello, wash it out first then maybe someone would wear it. But even before then they could have gotten better protective clothing from other places.