how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Carpie

@qwest.net

[MoP] Gear - Two questions

Both are probably noob level questions.

1) I just hit 90 with my Aff/Destro 'lock and it is my understanding that now my next steps are to grind rep to get better gear. Do different reps get you different gear? And if so, how do I know which reps to grind to get the best 'lock gear?

2) And this one is probably ultra-noob since tiered gear has been around for years. Ready? What IS tiered gear and why would I want it? It seems that "tiered" gear is a matching set of gear and that if you have x number of pieces of the set, you gain certain new abilities/buffs? But there are numbers associated with the gear... what are we up to now, 14?, 15?... what do the numbers represent? And can I, should I, get "old" tiered gear or is it just for looks? I don't know about you, but I have some of the biggest bags on my person and in my bank, and I still don't have enough room to be hanging on to "sets" of gear. I even send prof ingredients to alts to store in their banks just to get more space.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
wowhead.com

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Carpie
1) you cant grind to get best warlock gear available, that comes from Heroic Raids. If however, you mean the best gear available from grinding then the answer is this: grind Klaxxi and Golden Lotus reps to at least revered, after golden lotus is revered this opens up Celestials and Shado-pan and you need to grind them to revered as well.
JP gear is available from these vendors without being honored with them, but revered is required for VP gear (well Klaxxi neck is at honored/GL ring at honored).
VP dont come fast these days so doing all your dailies and Heroic dungeons and scenarios are needed to earn these...a lot of dailies.
LFR gear is available at 460 but again you will need heroic dungeon gear and/or crafted/AH gear to get to this iLevel to enter LFR.

2) tier gear for your class is available by tokens that drop from raid bosses and are not available by VP any longer. Tier gear gives you bonuses to various class abilities (usually damage or healing) while having 2 and 4 pieces equipped.

Good luck and enjoy your dailies.....

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Carpie
said by Carpie :

1) I just hit 90 with my Aff/Destro 'lock and it is my understanding that now my next steps are to grind rep to get better gear. Do different reps get you different gear? And if so, how do I know which reps to grind to get the best 'lock gear?

2) And this one is probably ultra-noob since tiered gear has been around for years. Ready? What IS tiered gear and why would I want it? It seems that "tiered" gear is a matching set of gear and that if you have x number of pieces of the set, you gain certain new abilities/buffs? But there are numbers associated with the gear... what are we up to now, 14?, 15?... what do the numbers represent? And can I, should I, get "old" tiered gear or is it just for looks? I don't know about you, but I have some of the biggest bags on my person and in my bank, and I still don't have enough room to be hanging on to "sets" of gear. I even send prof ingredients to alts to store in their banks just to get more space.

I'm going to assume you are websensed at the moment... so I will offer some breadcrumb answers for you to follow into the game or wowhead.com

1) You can't go wrong farming Klaxxi and Golden Lotus Rep. If you are a tailor, I'd say do Golden Lotus as first priority... every day... and if you have to skip one, skip klaxxi. (see wowhead now for these 2 factions... also, Tillers rep is good to work on for utility).

2)Tier gear is gear that only raiders get. They are designed in sets and have extra bonuses when you have 2 of the same set and 4 of the same set... and they are specific to your class/role. Dragon Soul was Tier 13. There is no T14 yet... that will be the next raid(s) that open up. (see wowhead now with this information)
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Agrende (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
The raids that drop T14 are heart of fear and Terrace of endless spring, they should be available on the 30th, and ToES requires a full clear of HoF.

HoF might require a full clear of MV

LFR will open in blocks, first 2 are open (part 1 and 2 of MV)
next are part 1 and 2 of HoF to start opening 1 week after HoF opens, and delayed 1 week each, then the week after both of them then LFR ToES opens.

so by the end of Nov all 5 LFR's should be open, totaling 18bosses.

I hope they slow down on the content opening a bit.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Carpie
»Tier 14 amour sets

heres some pics

Dillinja

join:2011-10-01
UK
reply to Carpie
Get yourself an addon called Atlas loot, this will open up a window in wow which will show you all the dungeon/raid loot/faction loot is currently available amongest other stuff.....

Curious12

join:2012-10-01
Newport News, VA
reply to Carpie
I thought "sha of anger" dropped tier hands n legs ?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Yep.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Immer
I have one piece of T14 equipped! they drop from Sha of Anger... so use your coins there..

BTW coins.. doing dailies gives you 1-2 coins, get 90 coins exchange them for 3 elder coins, each will give you a chance of extra loo on raid bosses, that includes world bosses, LFR and normal/heroic MSV..

Curious12

join:2012-10-01
Newport News, VA
said by djlar:

I have one piece of T14 equipped! they drop from Sha of Anger... so use your coins there..

BTW coins.. doing dailies gives you 1-2 coins, get 90 coins exchange them for 3 elder coins, each will give you a chance of extra loo on raid bosses, that includes world bosses, LFR and normal/heroic MSV..

Nice what peice did u get hands or legs ? what class ?

djlar

join:2009-04-23
Rogue Legs.. they are pretty nice, although for a leg piece they only have one gem socket, they use to have 3...

ilevel 496

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to djlar
said by djlar:

Ya and they stack to 180 (I have about 5-6 weeks worth of turn ins of lesser coins right now.)

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to Carpie
Thanks all. Since you were all so helpful without insult, I might have to ask more questions now

Yup, you're right. I'm websensed during the day. Also correct on the tailoring (and enchanting). As luck would have it, I did the Golden Lotus and Klaxxi quests last night (also the cloud serpent), so it's a case of the blind squirrel finding the nut on this one.

So here is my followup noob questions on this:

1) Isn't there a limit on how many dailies you can do in a given day?

2) When people say "do the dailies" (which I hear all the time now), is it just the dailies for the rep you are trying to grind (in my case Glotus and Klaxxi) or are there other dailies that I should be making it a point to do each day?

3) If I'm not going to end up with the good gear from these reps/dailies, what am I after? Prof recipes? Mounts? Knowing that I'll get the gear from the heroic dungeons, I can just start doing those (even though I loathe doing dungeons). Ultimate end goal for me would be to do the raids (thanks for all the great raid info).

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
1) Isn't there a limit on how many dailies you can do in a given day?

a. Not anymore.

2) When people say "do the dailies" (which I hear all the time now), is it just the dailies for the rep you are trying to grind (in my case Glotus and Klaxxi) or are there other dailies that I should be making it a point to do each day?

Those are the main 2. Some people do Tillers (because the single food buff you can learn is better then feasts), some do cloud serpent for the flying mount, some do anglers for fishing crap. But really the first 3 are the only ones to help with PvE raiding.

3) If I'm not going to end up with the good gear from these reps/dailies, what am I after? Prof recipes? Mounts? Knowing that I'll get the gear from the heroic dungeons, I can just start doing those (even though I loathe doing dungeons). Ultimate end goal for me would be to do the raids (thanks for all the great raid info).

You do need them for good gear. Running dungeons gets you Valor Points. But you can't spend those points until you get revered with the right factions. After you are revered then you don't need to anymore. Except that doing dailies grants you lesser luck coins, which can be traded in for greater luck coins, which can be used for an extra chance at loot of a boss in raids, including LFR. So you want those too.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Carpie
said by Carpie:

tier/tɪər/ teer] noun
1. one of a series of rows or ranks rising one behind or above another, as of seats in an amphitheater, boxes in a theater, guns in a man-of-war, or oars in an ancient galley.
2. one of a number of galleries, as in a theater.
3. a layer; level; stratum: The wedding cake had six tiers.

so Tier gear started at Tier 1 and every grouping of raids since then have increased the "tier" of gear we were on. The old AQ40 set was one of the few true ".5" increment gain in teir sets as it was considered tier 2.5. With the implementation of LFR and heroic raid difficulty, not many people continue to use the ".5" nomenclature for slight upgrades. You may here it described as "LFR gear" for the current level of gear dropped from LFR, and "Tier ___ Hero(ic)" for the item level boost from Heroic level raid gear. The break out for these items from lowest ilvl to highest is LFR, Normal Raid, Heroic Raid. As Immer said, the next set will come out soon and it will be Tier 14.

There have been items called "tier equivalent" gear. Item from the ZA 10 man back in TBC was considered tier 5 equivalent since the items shared the same stat weights as the tier gear. Some times this gear will have a different look; most comonly the color varies slightly.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.