join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie

Re: [MoP] Gear - Two questions

said by Carpie :

Both are probably noob level questions.

1) I just hit 90 with my Aff/Destro 'lock and it is my understanding that now my next steps are to grind rep to get better gear. Do different reps get you different gear? And if so, how do I know which reps to grind to get the best 'lock gear?

2) And this one is probably ultra-noob since tiered gear has been around for years. Ready? What IS tiered gear and why would I want it? It seems that "tiered" gear is a matching set of gear and that if you have x number of pieces of the set, you gain certain new abilities/buffs? But there are numbers associated with the gear... what are we up to now, 14?, 15?... what do the numbers represent? And can I, should I, get "old" tiered gear or is it just for looks? I don't know about you, but I have some of the biggest bags on my person and in my bank, and I still don't have enough room to be hanging on to "sets" of gear. I even send prof ingredients to alts to store in their banks just to get more space.

I'm going to assume you are websensed at the moment... so I will offer some breadcrumb answers for you to follow into the game or wowhead.com

1) You can't go wrong farming Klaxxi and Golden Lotus Rep. If you are a tailor, I'd say do Golden Lotus as first priority... every day... and if you have to skip one, skip klaxxi. (see wowhead now for these 2 factions... also, Tillers rep is good to work on for utility).

2)Tier gear is gear that only raiders get. They are designed in sets and have extra bonuses when you have 2 of the same set and 4 of the same set... and they are specific to your class/role. Dragon Soul was Tier 13. There is no T14 yet... that will be the next raid(s) that open up. (see wowhead now with this information)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

The raids that drop T14 are heart of fear and Terrace of endless spring, they should be available on the 30th, and ToES requires a full clear of HoF.

HoF might require a full clear of MV

LFR will open in blocks, first 2 are open (part 1 and 2 of MV)
next are part 1 and 2 of HoF to start opening 1 week after HoF opens, and delayed 1 week each, then the week after both of them then LFR ToES opens.

so by the end of Nov all 5 LFR's should be open, totaling 18bosses.

I hope they slow down on the content opening a bit.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Immer

to Immer
I have one piece of T14 equipped! they drop from Sha of Anger... so use your coins there..

BTW coins.. doing dailies gives you 1-2 coins, get 90 coins exchange them for 3 elder coins, each will give you a chance of extra loo on raid bosses, that includes world bosses, LFR and normal/heroic MSV..

Curious12
join:2012-10-01
Newport News, VA

Curious12

said by djlar:

I have one piece of T14 equipped! they drop from Sha of Anger... so use your coins there..

BTW coins.. doing dailies gives you 1-2 coins, get 90 coins exchange them for 3 elder coins, each will give you a chance of extra loo on raid bosses, that includes world bosses, LFR and normal/heroic MSV..

Nice what peice did u get hands or legs ? what class ?
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Rogue Legs.. they are pretty nice, although for a leg piece they only have one gem socket, they use to have 3...

ilevel 496

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
said by djlar:

Ya and they stack to 180 (I have about 5-6 weeks worth of turn ins of lesser coins right now.)