Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elconcho

join:2007-03-03
Toronto, ON

We should all move to Alberta

»www.shaw.ca/internet/unlimited-250/

no cap. 250mbits. They have a package that's cheaper with a 1tb cap. Wake up Rogers!

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON
Their Cable TV is also superior to Rogers. We used to have Shaw here until the deal where Rogers took over the East and Shaw took over the West. I never had a problem with Shaw while Rogers has been nothing but problems!

Spike
Premium
join:2008-05-16
Toronto, ON
reply to elconcho
And they have modern Motorola STB's that aren't stuck in the 90's.

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
Well Rogers also use Motorola CPEs, just not in Ontario. Even with Shaw, their best equipment isn't the Moto boxes but the Arris/Moxi Gateway system.

Actually with Rogers, the current Cisco 8642/4642 combo isn't bad hardware-wise, it's just how Rogers handles the firmware update. I'm pretty sure that even with a good CPE system, Rogers would find a way to mess it up.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to Spike
said by Spike:

And they have modern Motorola STB's that aren't stuck in the 90's.

What does the moto equipment have that the Cisco doesn't?
Expand your moderator at work

elconcho

join:2007-03-03
Toronto, ON
reply to elconcho

Re: We should all move to Alberta

Who cares what equipment they use. The speed is interesting of course, but the caps on Shaw are 3x higher than rogers and they have super fast unlimited options. This should be used by everyone when talking to Rogers as an example of their artificial "cost" model. If shaw can make money offering this, so could Rogers. Shaw has the same effective monopoly in the west.

Someone has to roll out a 100+mbit alternative to cable to get some competition going.

justaguy

@rogers.com
reply to elconcho
any Rogers plan +$ 100 = unlimited. If you aren't worried about speed it can be considerably less than $190. We can keep hoping for 250mbps though. Doubt it will happen soon.

decx
Premium
Vancouver, BC
said by justaguy :

any Rogers plan +$ 100 = unlimited. If you aren't worried about speed it can be considerably less than $190. We can keep hoping for 250mbps though. Doubt it will happen soon.

However in Ontario, there are are more independents offering unlimited cable through Rogers' infrastructure for far less. There's far less competition from independents in Shaw's footprint.

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to elconcho
said by elconcho:

»www.shaw.ca/internet/unlimited-250/

no cap. 250mbits. They have a package that's cheaper with a 1tb cap. Wake up Rogers!

Or we can move to BC... Didn't Shaw have this for a while?

decx
Premium
Vancouver, BC
Yes Shaw had that tier for a while now. The problem is that Rogers isn't competing against Shaw, so it doesn't really matter how fast or reasonable Shaw's tiers are.

Myst3r10n

join:2012-10-21
Canada
reply to elconcho
$190 for 250 mbps and 15

I pay Rogers $61 for 240 mbps and 10 mbps up

Nice joke there friend. lolol
This is what I'm talkin aboot

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

1 edit
@Myst3r10n
A more valid comparison is the regular price of your Ultimate plan. With Rogers, the regular price is $122.99 for 150 down, 10 up and a monthly usage allowance of 250 GB. The comparable plan with Shaw runs $115 for 250 down, 15 up and 1 TB monthly usage allowance.

simon726

join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON
reply to elconcho
I wish that Rogers offers multiple IPs. Right now, you are limited to 1 Dynamic IP address per service.

Shaw on the other hand, offers 2 Dynamic IPs (If i'm not mistaken)....

Dones

join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON
reply to elconcho
I know shaw has unlimited plans but what is the overage cost for a capped plan?