Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FatLadySings

@videotron.ca
reply to resa1983

Re: Bell's words and demands

said by resa1983:

the 'market forces' (ie golfing) nonsense has finally gone out the window.

It's not "game" over yet. Matter of fact, Bell Canada paid for a CRTC VP at it's hockey "game" in Montreal.

The nonsense is far from over. It would take a corruption inquiry and investigation to even touch base on the "golfing" nonsense.

The proverbial Fat Lady hasn't sung yet. And in Kevin Crulls world, the Fat Lady is a guy student (*shiver*) who sings only when told to sing.

GeoStar

join:2011-02-10
j2e6f5
reply to epsilon3

Re: Great news! - CRTC blocks Astral buy by Bell

its back

»business.financialpost.com/2012/···ral-bid/

So prepare to bend 945 degrees and pay double the last bill

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by GeoStar:

its back

»business.financialpost.com/2012/···ral-bid/

So prepare to bend 945 degrees and pay double the last bill

Interesting times.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

FatLadySings

@videotron.ca
From what I see Bell-Astral (their contract together to get this going) is extended till ~Dec 15 with another option for another extension till ~Jan 15.

So if something happens, it should happen the latest by Jan.

So the Fat Lady has a few months to wait while Bell and that CRTC Broadcasting VP take in a couple of more hockey games

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to epsilon3
Not sure which thread this was in, but I finally got back my answer on the who voted which way for the Bell Astral deal.

It's not public information was the response.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by elwoodblues:

Not sure which thread this was in, but I finally got back my answer on the who voted which way for the Bell Astral deal.

That's interesting; can you file under the FOIA?

Expected

@videotron.ca
reply to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Laff

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to elwoodblues
In other words, ### ### ####

Expected

@videotron.ca
reply to Expected
In a way you have to laugh. They are saying they are putting the consumer first and make a bullshit hoopla out of a statement saying companies need to be more transparent.

Then they turn around and tell you, "It's a secret".

This CRTC isn't anything new. It's all smoke and mirrors with some bullsh*t PR and marketing tossed in.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to El Quintron
It's access to Information, FOIA is American.

And yes you can. 5 bucks I fill out a form and mail it (in this fucken day and age) and then I'll get a nay or yeah response. And if it's nay I can take it further.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by elwoodblues:

You get the idea.

said by elwoodblues:

And yes you can. 5 bucks I fill out a form and mail it (in this fucken day and age) and then I'll get a nay or yeah response. And if it's nay I can take it further.

I would do it to prove a point... I've corresponded with the CRTC on multiple occasions and I've found they're fond of sending form letters and when questioned on their form answer I usually get "because we said so" so if you file an access to information request, you'll probably be making a point about their dismissiveness.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
reply to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

For what it's worth, the provinces call their own acts Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Acts. I'd give him a pass.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to epsilon3
I hate weasels so I want to make sure my request is crystal clear.

I filled out the form and will send it off tomorrow, and in the section ask what information I'm seeking I wrote

quote:
I am seeking information on how the commisioners voted on CRTC decision 2012-574.

Is that clear enough?
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Future LuLs

@videotron.ca
said by elwoodblues:

quote:
I am seeking information on how the commisioners voted on CRTC decision 2012-574.

Finish the letter off with:

Thanking you in advance for your new found transparency.

Best regards,

Elwoodblues

This way we can all giggle a month from now when you re-post your letter and rejection

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
said by Future LuLs :

Best regards,

Elwoodblues

This way we can all giggle a month from now when you re-post your letter and rejection

*snickers* I like that.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
reply to Future LuLs
said by Future LuLs :

said by elwoodblues:

quote:

Best regards,

Elwoodblues

@Elwood

If you have not already sent the letter, consider adding something to the effect:

"Supreme Court of Canada justices always have their votes reported to the public on matters which are both 'larger' and 'smaller' in nature than the Bell-Astral deal. The SCC justices don't hide their votes as it would reflect badly on the administration of justice. So too would withholding the results of CRTC votes on matters of great importance - both to the participants and the public at large.

Thanking you in advance for your new found transparency."

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
said by MaynardKrebs:

"Supreme Court of Canada justices always have their votes reported to the public on matters which are both 'larger' and 'smaller' in nature than the Bell-Astral deal. The SCC justices don't hide their votes as it would reflect badly on the administration of justice.

Bzzzt wrong. Look up rulings by The Court (hint: the same-sex marriage reference was one of them)

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to MaynardKrebs
It's just a form.

JunjiHiroma
Live Free Or Die

join:2008-03-18
reply to epsilon3
Here We Go Again!(From Geist's twitter): RT @jacquiemcnish: Hello CRTC, we have a 2nd act: BCE, Astral back at takeover table, set to forge new deal »soc.li/EmE1wVH

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Lovely...so Bell is going to game the system and try to find a loophole. In no way am I surprised.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
said by creed3020:

Lovely...so Bell is going to game the system and try to find a loophole. In no way am I surprised.

Can't see it going through. Even if Bell wants to divest most of the English assets, I can't see a viable buyer (short of TELUS deciding to get into content, which they've shown no interest in).

They won't let Rogers, Shaw, or Corus buy the divested assets. Not sure Cogeco has much of an interest in English language media, we know Quebecor doesn't.

hm

@videotron.ca
said by corster:

I can't see a viable buyer (short of TELUS deciding to get into content, which they've shown no interest in).

Both Cogeco and Rogers stated they want to buy.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
said by hm :

said by corster:

I can't see a viable buyer (short of TELUS deciding to get into content, which they've shown no interest in).

Both Cogeco and Rogers stated they want to buy.

But Rogers only really wants TMN and HBO Canada. Bell would never divest those.

As far as Cogeco is concerned, i'm pretty sure they want the whole thing, not just Bell's leftovers. Especially not their english-language leftovers.

hm

@videotron.ca
I don't think the CRTC would give up TMN & HBO to either Bell or Videotorn. Would go to Rogers or Cogeco. Unless those two are split up between videotron and Rogers or Cogeco.

Also, nothing up to this point negates or shows that a 3rd player isn't coming in and filing *with* Bell and astral. Could be a small surprise on the way. No one knows.

Maybe the CRTC Broadcasting Vice-Chair they took out for a night on the town started a company w/ Bell money to snatch it

Mont

join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC
Bell and Astral will never sell to Quebecor , Rogers and Shaw will be the one to help , Rogers was against the transaction since it wanted to be part of the transaction and wasn't.

Might be too that Bell knew it would be rejected so Rogers,Shaw or another company would be there when they do another offer this way Cogeco and Quebecor can't complain.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to epsilon3
The new bid is officially submitted:

»www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2···rtc.html

Light on details though, with Bell/Astral saying we'll have to wait until the CRTC starts the public consultations to find out specifics.

PuppetString

@videotron.ca
Bell launched a website to show everyone how great this would be.
»www.canadiansdeservemore.ca/

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
said by PuppetString :

Bell launched a website to show everyone how great this would be.
»www.canadiansdeservemore.ca/

Oh, isn't that priceless.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to PuppetString
Yeah, as if I'm going to put my name on a mailing list that will probably be used to target me for Bhell advertising.

epsilon3

join:2008-03-29
canada
reply to bt
Most likely they will try to keep all the French channels and sell all or some of the English ones ..

I hope it will not go thru ... If CRTC will approve it ...I hope The Competition Bureau will stop it!