Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: [Caps] Where the heck did the usage meter go?

Maybe those without the meter should use the direct forums to get things straightened out. Disappearing meters have been an issue ever since it became available. Hopefully, it's the same fix as before.

ctggzg
Premium
join:2005-02-11
USA
kudos:2
reply to ExoticFish
said by ExoticFish:

Might want to edit that picture and remove your S/N and MAC.

They're not SSNs. It's not like anything malicious could be done with them.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by ctggzg:

said by ExoticFish:

Might want to edit that picture and remove your S/N and MAC.

They're not SSNs. It's not like anything malicious could be done with them.

They can be cloned.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

MSauk
MSauk
Premium
join:2002-01-17
Sandy, UT
reply to signmeuptoo
I am showing mine, over 700GB this month.

JigglyWiggly

join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA
reply to Rob
No they can't with bpi+. They need the appropriate certificates too, or else it will just go in a reboot loop. And even then clones get banned.

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to tshirt
Called up just to check what MAC's are active on my account, and they said that SB6120 MAC is not even on my account as an active device... so not sure why it shows up, the mac and SN match my modem sitting on the shelf downstairs so it is the same device... it's not even plugged in to coax or power..

noisefloor

join:2010-05-09
reply to signmeuptoo
Even if a modem is sitting in your account not active it will show up as a device on that meter. Make the rep completely remove the equipment from your account if it doesn't belong there.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to neufuse
Why is mine missing its picture?

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
If you see the picture, you'll die instantly. Comcast is just trying to save you :P.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Mike Wolf
Did you blank out the MAC Address and other info from the picture, or are they actually missing?

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by andyross:

Did you blank out the MAC Address and other info from the picture, or are they actually missing?

I don't know about what Mike did, but on my equipment list the modem image is "unavailable", and the SN information is blank, but the MAC address is shown:

I suspect that the SN is blank because my modems are not Comcast leased modems (and while the SN information is available by querying the device, that may not be done for customer owned modems, since Comcast would only need to track the MAC address for network management).
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
I think that may be correct (even though ComCast NEEDED the ser. # for registration, and can tell me the ser # from their records if asked)
All MY equipment does NOT show a Ser #, all theirs does have the Ser# listed

shades

join:2001-06-26
Williamstown, NJ

1 edit
reply to signmeuptoo
I just installed the new modem comcast sent so i can get the higher speeds, of course i am not getting the higher speeds but now the usage meter is gone for me and comcast chat rep is telling me i exceeded the 250 limit for 3 months and comcast will suspend my account, are these people idiots?

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
Avoid chat, use the phone.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

1 edit
reply to Darknessfall
YAY!! That's Comcastic!!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to shades
Report this to the government, the utilities commission. They have no business threatening you with cancellation when they can't even show the usage.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
reply to andyross

Just the mac adress, all the other info is actually missing such as serial number and the image. I'm seeing a similar issue with the cable boxes and DTA's, even showing me more things then I actually have which is wierd. The images above haven't been altered.
What I actually have is one Cisco cable card, two DTA's, one SA8300HD dvr, one Cisco RN200N dvr, and one Motorola SB6121 modem.

shades

Williamstown, NJ
reply to tshirt
said by tshirt:

Avoid chat, use the phone.

its almost funny, i was on chat for at least half an hour before i disconnected, they asked me what operating system i was using, what anti virus, what browser. i just ended it, what a waste of time. i just want the speeds i am paying for and the meter back

shades

Williamstown, NJ
reply to signmeuptoo
said by signmeuptoo:

Report this to the government, the utilities commission. They have no business threatening you with cancellation when they can't even show the usage.

seriously would that really do anything, plus i think the rep was just clueless

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
If there is a trend of people reporting them pulling this, sure, it could make a difference. These companies market themselves as being wide open spaces with bandwidth. Well what is the point of bandwidth if they are going to arbitrarily dump us. And what about us knowing what we are paying for and knowing what we are getting. Even grocery stores have scales, scales inspected. Who inspects the ISPs?
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to signmeuptoo
UPDATE:

Boy Comcast is a real mess. I just made 4 phone calls and got terrible customer service. The webpage is saying my bill is past due (it isn't due until the 15th) by 24 days. Nobody can figure it out.

Nobody can figure out where my meter went either.

3 weeks ago I ordered a PVR and they send me an SD box and some dinkly little box, both of which I didn't need, I needed an HD DVR and the phone person was very clear that that is what I would get.

2 weeks ago I had to wait 8 days before a service person could come out for the PVR issue, and then he was late, didn't get here until about about 6:30 something, and reported that he had been on time. Ok, at least he was nice and got a PVR working.

A few months back they gave me a new box, and I had to make 6 phone calls and spent several hours before I got a person that could comprehend that I didn't have the box they thought I got and that could figure out my serial number. No matter what I told them, they acted like they had rocks in their head. It took 4 hours just to get the box activated back then.

Last Spring, for the initial install, they were 3 hours late, after rescheduling on me.

Seems like Comcast has some serious problems, or I am just a very unlucky guy...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Darknessfall
Premium
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse
Now I see this :P.

Nvm, it's back again to the meter less box :/.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
Same here. In fact, my username and password were being rejected for 15 minutes, too. I was worried I'd been hacked somehow.

Darknessfall
Premium
I'm in CT too sign if that changes anything about this issue :P. I got my meter fixed when I first got service by Comcast Steve then it messed up again :P.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to signmeuptoo
said by signmeuptoo:

Boy Comcast is a real mess. I just made 4 phone calls and got terrible customer service. The webpage is saying my bill is past due (it isn't due until the 15th) by 24 days. Nobody can figure it out.

Do you have AutoPay? If so, read this:
»[Bill] This can be confusing....

azstu

join:2007-05-13
Tucson, AZ
reply to signmeuptoo
I am in Tucson where we are running Cap Trials and my Meter is showing but has NOT updated in the last 3 days! so not sure what they are doing..

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to andyross
No, I don't. I pay it "by hand" every month, but I do pay online.

mike34
Premium
join:2004-07-17
Central City, PA
reply to signmeuptoo
said by signmeuptoo:

UPDATE:

Yeah, something is royally screwed up there. I get that same past due notice for a new bill, too. Refresh (reload) the page and the past due notice goes away.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by mike34:

said by signmeuptoo:

UPDATE:

Yeah, something is royally screwed up there. I get that same past due notice for a new bill, too. Refresh (reload) the page and the past due notice goes away.

Sounds as if you only visit that page once a month, and your browser's cache is applying the previous month's date to some coding variable on that page instead of fetching the new variable value from the web site.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
It is still showing that on mine, past due. Even after 4 phone calls they still did not fix it. This company is like the keystone cops.