join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to andyross

Premium Member

to andyross

Re: [Caps] Where the heck did the usage meter go?

said by andyross:

Did you blank out the MAC Address and other info from the picture, or are they actually missing?

I don't know about what Mike did, but on my equipment list the modem image is "unavailable", and the SN information is blank, but the MAC address is shown:

I suspect that the SN is blank because my modems are not Comcast leased modems (and while the SN information is available by querying the device, that may not be done for customer owned modems, since Comcast would only need to track the MAC address for network management).

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

I think that may be correct (even though ComCast NEEDED the ser. # for registration, and can tell me the ser # from their records if asked)
All MY equipment does NOT show a Ser #, all theirs does have the Ser# listed
shades
join:2001-06-26
Williamstown, NJ

1 edit

shades to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
I just installed the new modem comcast sent so i can get the higher speeds, of course i am not getting the higher speeds but now the usage meter is gone for me and comcast chat rep is telling me i exceeded the 250 limit for 3 months and comcast will suspend my account, are these people idiots?

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

Avoid chat, use the phone.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

Mike Wolf to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
YAY!! That's Comcastic!!

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to shades

Premium Member

to shades
Report this to the government, the utilities commission. They have no business threatening you with cancellation when they can't even show the usage.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to andyross

to andyross

Just the mac adress, all the other info is actually missing such as serial number and the image. I'm seeing a similar issue with the cable boxes and DTA's, even showing me more things then I actually have which is wierd. The images above haven't been altered.
What I actually have is one Cisco cable card, two DTA's, one SA8300HD dvr, one Cisco RN200N dvr, and one Motorola SB6121 modem.
shades
Williamstown, NJ

shades to tshirt

to tshirt
said by tshirt:

Avoid chat, use the phone.

its almost funny, i was on chat for at least half an hour before i disconnected, they asked me what operating system i was using, what anti virus, what browser. i just ended it, what a waste of time. i just want the speeds i am paying for and the meter back
shades

shades to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
said by signmeuptoo94:

Report this to the government, the utilities commission. They have no business threatening you with cancellation when they can't even show the usage.

seriously would that really do anything, plus i think the rep was just clueless

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

If there is a trend of people reporting them pulling this, sure, it could make a difference. These companies market themselves as being wide open spaces with bandwidth. Well what is the point of bandwidth if they are going to arbitrarily dump us. And what about us knowing what we are paying for and knowing what we are getting. Even grocery stores have scales, scales inspected. Who inspects the ISPs?
signmeuptoo94

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

UPDATE:

Boy Comcast is a real mess. I just made 4 phone calls and got terrible customer service. The webpage is saying my bill is past due (it isn't due until the 15th) by 24 days. Nobody can figure it out.

Nobody can figure out where my meter went either.

3 weeks ago I ordered a PVR and they send me an SD box and some dinkly little box, both of which I didn't need, I needed an HD DVR and the phone person was very clear that that is what I would get.

2 weeks ago I had to wait 8 days before a service person could come out for the PVR issue, and then he was late, didn't get here until about about 6:30 something, and reported that he had been on time. Ok, at least he was nice and got a PVR working.

A few months back they gave me a new box, and I had to make 6 phone calls and spent several hours before I got a person that could comprehend that I didn't have the box they thought I got and that could figure out my serial number. No matter what I told them, they acted like they had rocks in their head. It took 4 hours just to get the box activated back then.

Last Spring, for the initial install, they were 3 hours late, after rescheduling on me.

Seems like Comcast has some serious problems, or I am just a very unlucky guy...

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Now I see this :P.

Nvm, it's back again to the meter less box :/.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Same here. In fact, my username and password were being rejected for 15 minutes, too. I was worried I'd been hacked somehow.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall

Premium Member

I'm in CT too sign if that changes anything about this issue :P. I got my meter fixed when I first got service by Comcast Steve then it messed up again :P.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to signmeuptoo94

MVM

to signmeuptoo94
said by signmeuptoo94:

Boy Comcast is a real mess. I just made 4 phone calls and got terrible customer service. The webpage is saying my bill is past due (it isn't due until the 15th) by 24 days. Nobody can figure it out.

Do you have AutoPay? If so, read this:
»[Bill] This can be confusing....
azstu
join:2007-05-13
Tucson, AZ

azstu to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
I am in Tucson where we are running Cap Trials and my Meter is showing but has NOT updated in the last 3 days! so not sure what they are doing..

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to andyross

Premium Member

to andyross
No, I don't. I pay it "by hand" every month, but I do pay online.

mike34
Premium Member
join:2004-07-17
Central City, PA
Netgear CM500V
Asus RT-AC68

mike34 to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
said by signmeuptoo94:

UPDATE:

Yeah, something is royally screwed up there. I get that same past due notice for a new bill, too. Refresh (reload) the page and the past due notice goes away.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by mike34:

said by signmeuptoo94:

UPDATE:

Yeah, something is royally screwed up there. I get that same past due notice for a new bill, too. Refresh (reload) the page and the past due notice goes away.

Sounds as if you only visit that page once a month, and your browser's cache is applying the previous month's date to some coding variable on that page instead of fetching the new variable value from the web site.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

It is still showing that on mine, past due. Even after 4 phone calls they still did not fix it. This company is like the keystone cops.

mike34
Premium Member
Central City, PA
Netgear CM500V
Asus RT-AC68

mike34 to NetFixer

Premium Member

to NetFixer
Click for full size
said by NetFixer:

Sounds as if you only visit that page once a month, and your browser's cache is applying the previous month's date to some coding variable on that page instead of fetching the variable value from the web site.

mike34

1 edit

mike34

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
First screen and screen after reload.

20 days past due, only option is pay early?
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse

it's not computers, its the smartie that wrote the logic that displays the messages.... don't blame the computer tsk tsk
shades
Williamstown, NJ

shades to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
i am shocked how bad the customer service is with this company, it seems to get worse and worse, the chat reps are total idiots, as are the phone reps. i would just like to know why i get a new docsis 3.0 mode and my speeds are worse

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

I am beginning to think that Comcast is managed by amateurs. Indeed, my page STILL says past due. And they haven't owned up to the error, you call them and the phone reps are clueless to it. If this company was professional, they would have sent a memo to all their staff about this.

On top of this, I haven't gotten any direct support help yet, and I reported in our direct support forum, when, Friday night? I think I am being ignored.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

1 edit

plencnerb to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
I have moved what I said here to a new thread, as that is probably a better place for my question.

Mods: Please remove this post.

Thanks,

--Brian

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

I wonder if they read my request in the direct forum and chose to ignore it because they don't know what is going on. Or maybe they don't care about website errors, even if they involve billing. Or they are scrambling but management won't let them have the time to address my two issues.

I'm kinda annoyed.

1. They were late by several hours to my original install.

2. When I went out to the central office and got a different box, 4 techs couldn't get it activate because they kept insisting I was giving them the wrong SN and never heard of the box I was given. It took all day to fix the issue, and several phone calls.

3. They send out an SD box and some weird little 1 inch box when I ordered a HD DVR. They kept trying to tell me to get a tech to come out. So I agreed to it. They wanted me to drive out to the CO to return the wrong hardware, but I don't have a car.

4. The tech was about 2 hours late for the end result of having him come out just to give me an HD DVR.

5. 4 phone calls yesterday, hang ups, refusals to transfer me, and techs refusing to listen to me while I desperately try to explain the "your bill is overdue" thing. Finally, after 4 calls, I get transferred to a local person. She couldn't figure out either problem either, but insisted there is no problem.

Not a very well run company. Not very well run at all. I feel almost cursed, but it's gonna have to be worse before I will go with ATT. At least I have no contract!

mike34
Premium Member
Central City, PA
Netgear CM500V
Asus RT-AC68

mike34 to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
Click for full size
Had to post this update.

A week ago (scroll up) Comcast said I was 20 days past due with the new bill and the only option was to pay early.

Note now that a week has gone by it says I'm 13 days past due.

In two weeks I'll be ahead.

This shouldn't be too hard for them to fix, should it?

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Jeeez! How many days now, and still it shows "past due" and no usage meter. They are definitely on top of things. And no response in the direct forum.