how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Question about cross realm questing

My friend told me that with the advent of cross-realm zones, you can now quest with a realID friend cross servers. I'm not talking about LFD, I mean just regular old questing. Is this true? If so..

Say we group up, then travel to one of the capital cities. Will I have access to his realms AH? (seems unlikely) Will I be able to see his realms trade/LFG chat? And be able to interact with all those people?

Or is my friend just wrong.

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

My understanding is that yes to everything except the AH.

When you cross realm group, while they are in the same zone as you, they will be in your realm. Anywhere.

tuocekim
Wafer Pushin' Biatch
Premium
join:2002-11-16
Putnam, CT
reply to Pollux7777

I'm pretty sure your local chat channels are still based on your server. You will appear to be on whichever server the group initiator is from, but your AH and everything will still be tied to your realm.

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
reply to Pollux7777

Yep, did ring of blood in nagrand with my buddy on his pve server to get away from asshats griefing on my PvP Crz.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to Pollux7777

That's awesome! I didn't know you could do this! The wife may actually start playing again. She gave it up on my PVP server after a few times of pulling out her fishing pole only to get hacked up by some random asshat.

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
reply to tuocekim

said by tuocekim:

You will appear to be on whichever server the group initiator is from (snip)

I'm not entirely sure about this. My GF and I were questing near Halfhill a couple of days ago (both of us on Fizzcrank). I passed her lead to invite a friend of hers on Mal'Ganis. He got pulled to our server but when I switched toons (she still had lead), she got pulled to Mal'Ganis (PvP flagged and everything). Once I logged back on and rejoined the group they got pulled back to Fizzcrank.

Maybe it goes on a 'majority rules' type thing or there is some other determining factor involved? I did notice that while her friend was on Fizzcrank (a PvE server), he stayed flagged. Possibly by choice or it could be something with being from a PvP server. But no matter what causes you to go to one server or the other, you should be aware that if you're joining up with someone from a PvP realm and you go to their realm you will get flagged. This could be an issue for anyone who hates PvP.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

it goes by realm pop should pull more to the lower pop realm

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
reply to JoelC707

Think you only stay flagged for a few minutes if you don't engage anyone.

JoelC707
Premium
Lanett, AL
reply to cymraeg

That would definitely apply to Fizzcrank vs Mal'Ganis. Not sure why she got pulled to Mal'Ganis when I switched toons though.

JoelC707
Premium
Lanett, AL
reply to Lothario

I thought that might be the case. She said she didn't notice a countdown on the icon until I rejoined the group and we were back on Fizz. But it's not like I took 10 mins to switch toons either so maybe we just didn't give it enough time to test. Either way, this is all good info.