This is a sub-selection from ha ha@att

Telco

join:2008-12-19

1 recommendation

reply to Corehhi

Re: ha ha@att

said by Corehhi:

said by Telco:

Are you be sarcastic regarding AT&T or do you actually believe the GOP propaganda that the rest of the Big Gov world is poor?

Fact.....most of the world is poor.

For starters, how many foreigners from a developed country have you come across in SC... So of course your view of the world is limited to probably illegal aliens and faux news.

In terms of household income, SC is ranked 5th last, yet you want to talk about everyone else being "poor". Then again being out of touch with reality is a quintessential GOP voter trademark.

If it wasn't out of the scope of this thread, I'd list nations in terms of GDP per capita, median income, quality of life, and the best of all median wealth per adult; which we do not even rank in the top 10.

And that includes blue states, take them out and red states would probably be on par with Poland.

jazzy_

join:2004-01-27
Charleston, SC
Don't be so ignorant. The USA has the highest disposable income in the world. Even beating out the few tiny population countries that end up with higher per capitas.

Telco

1 edit

1 recommendation

Oh the irony of anyone southern, particularly from South Carolina calling me ignorant, now that is funny. Have you actually lived in any other developed country? Both of you guys clearly have not, as you wouldn't dare open your mouth about money if you did.

No offense but I lived in many world leading cities abroad that had more people than the entire state of SC.

Let me get you out of the Southern Red state denial bubble. When you talk about money, $600K buys a mansion in most of SC; whereas, $600K barely buys a studio apartment in various developed Big Gov countries.

Anyone I know of who lives and works overseas, earns a six figure salary -- even blue collar workers. Now compare this to the median $39k 'household' income of a right to work state like SC. Yes household, not personal income, which is even less.

The last time the South was the envy of the world was a good 200+ years ago. Today, Southern Republicans have made it the butt of jokes all over the planet and its synonymous with poor, uneducated, uncouth, trailers, 3rd world infrastructure, ignorance, racism, backwards, gun-toting etc etc etc.

jazzy_

join:2004-01-27
Charleston, SC
Sigh. You really haven't a clue. Of course SC has poverty especially in lots of rural areas. They're pretty much cut off from any kind of work that could make them a decent income. $600k will hardly even buy you a plot of land downtown Charleston or on the surrounding islands. You can head out of town and buy a house fairly cheap in the suburbs which is a good thing.

I've been to both Paris and Stockholm for extended stays not live. But that doesn't even matter for this discussion. I'm talking about stats. And the fact of the matter is that the USA is #1 in disposable income among OECD nations, Norway comes in at #2. Most of these countries you are talking about end up paying about 50-75% of their income in taxes.

And this backwards place came in #1 recently in Conde Nast Traveler US and World Rankings:

"At an awards ceremony Monday in New York, Charleston was named the country’s No. 1 tourist destination, winning the coveted Readers Choice Award held annually by Conde Nast Traveler. Displacing San Francisco—which held the title for 18 years—Charleston earned the honor based on evaluations in six categories: atmosphere/ambience, culture/sites, friendliness, lodging, restaurants and shopping."

Remove the blinders.

Telco

You guys are talking up SC, as if it's the Hamptons, yet you accuse me of having "blinders". Yes, SC has 'some' expensive areas, that is known as the exception, not the norm. As does almost every developed country, however, their expense ranges in the tens of millions.

In terms of 'median wealth per adult', a Credit Suisse report illustrates that America does not make the top ten; all Big Gov type nations take the spots - ironically.

Not to mention, they do indeed pay more in taxes but have the cutting-edge infrastructure, modern and clean cities, and world leading quality of life to show for it. Whereas, not a single US city ranks in the top 40 globally for livability any more; not a single Southern city in the top 80.

With the exception of Florida, no Republican city is world renowned for travel. In fact, an easy Google search brings up the various reputable sources illustrating this reality firsthand. Heck, not a single foreign airline flies into Charleston versus the '92' that service London.

Back to the original point, the rest of the world is not poor as you guys assume they are or talk-radio tells you they are.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Telco
said by Telco:

your view of the world is limited to probably illegal aliens and faux news.

FYI, as soon as you devolve into ad hominems like 'faux news', you immediately lose whatever credibility you started with. Make an argument without smarmy talking point insults and maybe you'll get some play. I stopped reading as soon as I hit the sentence above.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Corehhi

join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC
Reviews:
·Hargray Cable
reply to Telco
said by Telco:

said by Corehhi:

said by Telco:

Are you be sarcastic regarding AT&T or do you actually believe the GOP propaganda that the rest of the Big Gov world is poor?

Fact.....most of the world is poor.

For starters, how many foreigners from a developed country have you come across in SC... So of course your view of the world is limited to probably illegal aliens and faux news.

In terms of household income, SC is ranked 5th last, yet you want to talk about everyone else being "poor". Then again being out of touch with reality is a quintessential GOP voter trademark.

If it wasn't out of the scope of this thread, I'd list nations in terms of GDP per capita, median income, quality of life, and the best of all median wealth per adult; which we do not even rank in the top 10.

And that includes blue states, take them out and red states would probably be on par with Poland.

I'm from NY and have travel in Europe, South America and many of the islands. I don't think you have traveled much at all you just look at stats. There are countries with higher standards of living but they use guest workers for the crap jobs and they are not included in the stats. If you add up the people around the world most are poor period with pockets of rich people. China is a big government country and they have a billion people who are straight up dirt poor. If you are talking about the most develop countries you need to figure in the guest workers. There is no middle class in South America for the most part, just wealthy and poor. Europe is a much more class based system then I think you are a were of. For that matter I've had to squat over a hole in the floor to take a crap in a public toilet in Europe more than once so I guess they must not spend there money on public bathrooms. LOL.

Corehhi

join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC
Reviews:
·Hargray Cable
reply to Telco
said by Telco:

You guys are talking up SC, as if it's the Hamptons, yet you accuse me of having "blinders". Yes, SC has 'some' expensive areas, that is known as the exception, not the norm. As does almost every developed country, however, their expense ranges in the tens of millions.

So does the rest of the world. Hong Kong?? Singapore? London?? Just follow the money center banks all over the world that is where you find the rich people for the most part.