uniqs
share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Cisco RNG200: Can I add an HD for more capacity?

I recently got a Cisco RNG200 PVR, but I am quickly finding out that HD programming uses a LOT more HD space. There is a USB port on this, can I plug in an external drive and get more capacity?

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1
The USB port will not work to add extra storage, but you can use the eSata port to add an external hard drive. Some drives work and some don't so make sure you get one that will work. There is information on the internet about which hard drives are compatible.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to signmeuptoo
A 1 TB Western Digital DVR Expander »www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-E···03MVZ60S should be able to be connected to a Cisco RNG200/RNG200N DVR via its "eSATA" port on the rear of the DVR.

Details on this can be found on Pages 18 and 19 of the manual: »media2.comcast.net/anon.comcasto···uide.pdf

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
Ah!

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
There is also some more information on this on Comcast's site here: »customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···storage/

While it mainly addresses customers with Motorola DVRs (who are just getting DVR Expansion capability with the latest A30 iGuide release, customers with SA/Cisco DVRs have had this capability for a while now), much of the support and FAQs info also applies to SA/Cisco DVRs.