spc
uniqs
root
join:2002-12-11

root to Maverick2012

to Maverick2012

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

said by Maverick2012 :

Got the new guide today and they better roll it back in or I'm going to UVerse. Record Series is the new default on the DVR and you have drill down through a couple of sub-menus to tell the box to record a single episode. And you have to go through a 7 or 8 click process every time you want to record a program, there's no way to make "record episode" the default instead of "record series".

See ya. You could also schedule the individual episode online as an alternative.
milan22
join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

milan22

said by root:

said by Maverick2012 :

Got the new guide today and they better roll it back in or I'm going to UVerse. Record Series is the new default on the DVR and you have drill down through a couple of sub-menus to tell the box to record a single episode. And you have to go through a 7 or 8 click process every time you want to record a program, there's no way to make "record episode" the default instead of "record series".

See ya. You could also schedule the individual episode online as an alternative.

So you tell the guy see ya?

And the fix to the problem is to schedule the individual episode online.

So now instead of 7 or 8 clicks vs the 2 clicks before the rollout. You want him to start up his computer, open up a web browser, type in the web address/or use a bookmark, sign in, go to DVR section, search for the program using the guide online, etc... etc... etc... etc...

Seriously, are you a F*****G moron? Guys like you give our company a bad name.

Instead of using the info to fix, update, advance. You insult & offer zero help.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

Wow even the employees are fighting. There must be a lot of stress around the office these days.

What i dont understand is why they just cant give us a guide that looks good and is responsive? Time Warner had animated channel info banners in the year 2000... and their boxes were very responsive. Similar looking interface to what we have now. Only it was faster and colorful.

What is the problem just doing that?
root

root to milan22

to milan22
said by milan22:

said by root:

said by Maverick2012 :

So you tell the guy see ya?

And the fix to the problem is to schedule the individual episode online.

So now instead of 7 or 8 clicks vs the 2 clicks before the rollout. You want him to start up his computer, open up a web browser, type in the web address/or use a bookmark, sign in, go to DVR section, search for the program using the guide online, etc... etc... etc... etc...

Seriously, are you a F*****G moron? Guys like you give our company a bad name.

Instead of using the info to fix, update, advance. You insult & offer zero help.

I was simply giving him an alternative for recording a single TV show as I can't see any direct changes to this in the immediate future. Not to say that it's not possible, but it would be low on the priority list for right now as you can imagine. "Our company?" I didn't say I worked for Cablevision. Funny that you mention insulting and offering zero help when that's what you just did twice in your own post. Not going to argue with a hypocrite.
said by Jmartz0:

What i dont understand is why they just cant give us a guide that looks good and is responsive? Time Warner had animated channel info banners in the year 2000... and their boxes were very responsive. Similar looking interface to what we have now. Only it was faster and colorful.

What is the problem just doing that?

CV never had a fantastic guide but it worked. Slow at times...but it worked. It's a big undertaking to build out a new interface from the ground up and make all the buttons work with existing inventory/hardware (set top boxes that is). A lot of times people don't understand what is involved with doing this.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

I understand it takes time, but a decade? Time Warner had a decent looking guide and responsive software over a decade ago.
root

root

said by Jmartz0:

I understand it takes time, but a decade? Time Warner had a decent looking guide and responsive software over a decade ago.

I've personally have not seen their guide but it's all about where you allocate your resources. Apparently Cablevision kept their guide on the back burner until now.