Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

vonage

join:2003-11-29
Parlin, NJ
kudos:1

Gaming Laptop

Sup fellow gamers... I am practicing Bf3 right now on my rig but looking for a laptop to practice on the move but it seems like all these Damm laptops got glossy screens and you cannot use them outdoor and no go on transreflective screen atm... Even tho we had it on phones in 05.... So want a lappy with nice gpu and an ips screen for 1k frn ballpark.... But All I can find is this is Lenovo..... Below.. Question if I put a AR filter on the screen can I use it outdoors???? Is there anything out there with ips matte with similar specs? Thanks!

www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y580/productID.250640500?siteID=NKa3hZyYoHA-e.wZ8s7x2SSfapvCGqXWAg
--
"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Many of the built-to-order gaming laptops from iBuyPower, CyberPowerPC, Origin, Falcon NW, Xotic, etc. all have an option to choose between matte and glossy screens.

If you are practicing for competitions, you don't want an IPS with a 20-40 ms response time, you want a TN with 2-6 ms.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Expand your moderator at work