Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall to boontonflyer

Premium Member

to boontonflyer

Re: [Caps] Where the heck did the usage meter go?

Click for full size
This is what we see
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse

huh I just looked at mine, I have three usage meters

One for the current eMTA, one for my old SB6120 modem and one for a MAC that is actually a cablecard device on my connection, no idea how that happened but my SB6120 has been disconnected for 7 months now, and it's showing "usage" eh?

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

Are they the same usage? What does the details show?
neufuse
James Creek, PA

neufuse

Click for full size
here's what I am seeing

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to neufuse

Premium Member

to neufuse
I think I'd be calling or asking someone in the direct forum to check into the unused one.
Whether it's linked to the wrong modem, or imaginary usage, they need to correct it BEFORE it becomes a problem for you.

jkj860
The Final Frontier
join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

jkj860 to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

This is what we see

Same here. It shows all my equipment but no usage meter. Haven't had one for a long while. I track it on my router though. I don't get anywhere near the old caps though so no matter.
neufuse
James Creek, PA

neufuse to tshirt

to tshirt
Called up just to check what MAC's are active on my account, and they said that SB6120 MAC is not even on my account as an active device... so not sure why it shows up, the mac and SN match my modem sitting on the shelf downstairs so it is the same device... it's not even plugged in to coax or power..

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to neufuse

to neufuse
Why is mine missing its picture?

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall

Premium Member

If you see the picture, you'll die instantly. Comcast is just trying to save you :P.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to Mike Wolf

MVM

to Mike Wolf
Did you blank out the MAC Address and other info from the picture, or are they actually missing?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by andyross:

Did you blank out the MAC Address and other info from the picture, or are they actually missing?

I don't know about what Mike did, but on my equipment list the modem image is "unavailable", and the SN information is blank, but the MAC address is shown:

I suspect that the SN is blank because my modems are not Comcast leased modems (and while the SN information is available by querying the device, that may not be done for customer owned modems, since Comcast would only need to track the MAC address for network management).

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

I think that may be correct (even though ComCast NEEDED the ser. # for registration, and can tell me the ser # from their records if asked)
All MY equipment does NOT show a Ser #, all theirs does have the Ser# listed

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

Mike Wolf to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
YAY!! That's Comcastic!!
Mike Wolf

Mike Wolf to andyross

to andyross

Just the mac adress, all the other info is actually missing such as serial number and the image. I'm seeing a similar issue with the cable boxes and DTA's, even showing me more things then I actually have which is wierd. The images above haven't been altered.
What I actually have is one Cisco cable card, two DTA's, one SA8300HD dvr, one Cisco RN200N dvr, and one Motorola SB6121 modem.