Search similar:

uniqs
astanix
join:2004-10-05
Massillon, OH

astanix

DSL drops frequently.

50 Test ADSL Line Sync Fail

I wonder if this has something to do with it?
We had DSL at this apartment for a while, then switched to a different name on the account which counts as account termination and then new account signup.
Since we set up the modem with our new username/password the ADSL under check connection has said FAIL.
Ever since then we have been dropping connection for a few seconds every hour or so.

They sent a tech out while we were not here and he 'fixed an issue' with our line.
We called the tech that came out to tell him about our random dropping issue and he came back and 'undid' what he previously changed. This did not resolve the Line Sync issue.

Should we just call AT&T and tell them, do we need a new modem, just need some advice here.

Thanks.
astanix

astanix

Just wanted to update this thread. I called AT&T and Jack, the tech I spoke to, said my line looks good and it's not AT&T's problem.
He said the only thing he can think is that the modem may be bad and I need to replace it.

WireHead
I drive to fast
Premium Member
join:2001-05-09
Muncie, IN

WireHead to astanix

Premium Member

to astanix
I think they are encouraging people to leave DSL. There are many people who have developed this problem suddenly. Keep requesting a truck roll to get the problem fixed. It seems after the 8th or 9th one they actually 'fix' the problem as the line is no longer profitable and its cheaper to just keep it working. They respond best to money, specifically when its costing them theirs.
astanix
join:2004-10-05
Massillon, OH

astanix

I'd be glad to leave DSL (I've had cable up until a month ago when I moved to a different city) but the cable company in this town has insane prices and bw caps and the ONLY other choice is DSL from AT&T.