how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

slamb

join:2009-09-25
Pointe-Aux-Trembles, QC

Can't access modem's Web Interface

I just bought a second hand D-LINK DSL-2320B modem. The manual of this modem clearly says to use the 192.168.1.1 IP address to access the Web interface of the modem. But, when I connect my PC to the modem, the DHCP server (of the modem) assign (to my PC) the IP address 192.254.121.60 with the subnet mask 255.255.0.0. If I type the address 192.254.121.1 into my Web browser to access the Web interface of the modem, nothing happens. If I try the 192.168.1.1 (as the manual says), nothing happens.

I tried resetting the modem with its reset button, but it does not change anything. Once rebooted, as soon as I connect my PC to the modem's LAN port, the modem keeps assigning the IP address 192.254.121.60 with the subnet mask 255.255.0.0 to the PC and I still can't access the modem's Web interface.

I know from the manual that it has an option to set the modem in bridge mode. So, is it possible that the previous user set the modem in bridge mode and there is no turn back?

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1

Ensure your PC networking is set for automatic obtain IP addressing.

Try 192.254.121.0?

Try holding down the reset button for 30 seconds?

Scree
In the pipe 5 by 5

join:2001-04-24
Mount Laurel, NJ
reply to slamb

Or 192.168.100.1?

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 recommendation

reply to slamb

said by slamb:

I tried resetting the modem with its reset button, but it does not change anything.

If holding the reset button in for >30 seconds does not reset the modem, try holding it in for >30 seconds, and still hold it in while unplugging the power connector; continue to hold the reset button in, and reinsert the power connector, and continue to hold the reset button in for an additional 30 seconds. That may sound complicated, but I have had that routine work for other modem/router devices that seemed to not be doing the factory reset when simply pushing the reset button.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

slamb

join:2009-09-25
Pointe-Aux-Trembles, QC
reply to slamb

Thanks to all for your solutions.

The problematic D-LINK DSL-2320B modem is at the office and I will not be back (at the office) before next week. As soon as I can get my hands on this D-LINK DSL-2320B modem, I will try each of your solutions. I hope one of them will resolve the problem.

Again, thanks.