Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hagbard972

join:2012-10-19
reply to Timothy28

Re: Bit torrent question

The same thing is happening to me here in Carrollton, TX

I sent the the dimeadozen mods an email and they verified that all of their servers are up and running.

They recommended that I downgrade my uTorrent to version 2.2.1 I took their advice but unfortunately it didn't help matters.

I hope Verizon isn't blocking torrent sites.

Please post back let us (me) know if you find a solution.

danclan

join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA
I can see the site but since I don't torrent cant comment on that but its highly unlikely that verizon is blocking it unless they have had to legally i.e. a court order....

Timothy28

join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX
reply to hagbard972
said by hagbard972:

The same thing is happening to me here in Carrollton, TX

I sent the the dimeadozen mods an email and they verified that all of their servers are up and running.

They recommended that I downgrade my uTorrent to version 2.2.1 I took their advice but unfortunately it didn't help matters.

I hope Verizon isn't blocking torrent sites.

Please post back let us (me) know if you find a solution.

I've been in constant contact with one of the mods since last night. They've been able to confirm to me that this is a verizon only issue. It also seems to be limited to the DFW area meaning VHO1. So whether this is a network issue they are experiencing or if we are the unlucky first to have this blocked as part of the six strikes crap is obviously unknown.

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
said by Timothy28:

if we are the unlucky first to have this blocked as part of the six strikes

I thought 6-strikes targeted users, not sites.

Timothy28

Lewisville, TX
Me too, but i read blocking sites could be part of it. Each isp will do things differently. The way i understood it though is the site would be filtered until you read the educational material.

RNoise

@verizon.net
DAD is working just fine for me, using uTorrent 3.2. Maybe it would help if you used a different port and/or enable encryption (go to Options > Preferences > BitTorrent. Set Outgoing under Protocol Encryption to Enable, check "Allow incoming legacy connections".)

Also, make sure you have port forwarding properly set up in your router and the port open in your firewall.

Timothy28

Lewisville, TX
said by RNoise :

DAD is working just fine for me, using uTorrent 3.2. Maybe it would help if you used a different port and/or enable encryption (go to Options > Preferences > BitTorrent. Set Outgoing under Protocol Encryption to Enable, check "Allow incoming legacy connections".)

Also, make sure you have port forwarding properly set up in your router and the port open in your firewall.

Are you in the DFW area? That seems to be where the issue is. Port forwarding is setup correctly.

RNoise

@verizon.net
said by Timothy28:

Are you in the DFW area? That seems to be where the issue is. Port forwarding is setup correctly.

No, I'm in Boston. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Timothy28

Lewisville, TX
said by RNoise :

said by Timothy28:

No, I'm in Boston. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Seems to be, they've only had me and one other person report this issue and both in the Dallas area. That makes me think it more than likely is a DNS or local server issue. Hopefully it'll resolve itself sometime soon.

hagbard972

join:2012-10-19

1 edit
It took me awhile but I setup BTGuard VPN through Windows 7:

»btguard.com/vpn_pptp_win7.php

**IMPORTANT** (easy to miss in instructions):
7. Disable IPv6 for your Internet connection:
Download patch, extract, and run DisableIPv6.reg.

I also modified my hosts file with IP list and instructions from this forum (2nd page at bottom):
»forum.vuze.com/thread.jspa?threa···tstart=0

Dime is again available to me with this setup and although I can now download, I can't seed because the IP address shows up in dime as being firewalled.