join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to fiberguy

Re: PEG programming

I do watch the local newscasts on WWLP-TV throughout various parts of the day (particularly the Noon broadcasts and 5/6 pm and NBC nightly news. I like having it come in on cable because the picture is much better and you don't have reception problems. I grew up on OTA TV but ended up getting cable back when I was in high school because we've had it with lousy picture quality that made it impossible to watch TV. I watched Cops years ago on KFXA and the picture was so distorted that it was unwatchable (when I lived in Iowa) so switching from OTA to cable was a dream come true. We could not afford cable in my younger years but our financial situation changed and we got cable.

I now have my phone, Internet, and TV through Comcast. No more distorted pictures or unwatchable TV. Also I get more programming. I just don't like the fact I have to buy a so-called "Sports Entertainment Pack" in order to get TCM and Fox Movie Channel. I wish they would renegotiate their carraige agreements because they give a lame excuse on why they just cannot carry them on Digital Preferred. I also don't understand why an SD receiver and an HD receiver are the exact same price (I just swapped a DTA for a full receiver although I opted for an SD since the basement TV is an old Sony tube TV).
--
I wish I still lived in Iowa; Everything there from rent and groceries to Cable TV is much cheaper in Iowa (especially with an overbuilder in town).