how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bamaraid

join:2007-11-12
Augusta, WV

2nd Connect

Woww I called frontier on 10/17/12 and after numerous disconnects and no call backs finally got an order number for my 2nd connect for 10/19/12 between 12-5pm. Well 5pm came and went called frontier and they showed no order for me wasted 5 hours of my time after having to rearrange some schedules. Now i have another order number and have to wait 4 more days to get it installed after making sure i had installation fee covered i got the persons name and employee number hopefully this time bit happens. Only reason im getting 2nd connect is because to many phones and computers in the house connected to a 1mb line yeah i know they need to upgrade it here. Will let all know how it goes.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

I live in Burlington and have had a second connect since they introduced the program. You experience is exactly how my installation went. Keep in mind that when you have a problem on your primary line you will also, more than likely, have the same issue on the second line also. If you are currently paying a modem rental fee you will have an additional rental fee, unless they waive it. I chose the least expensive plan for the telephone service associated with the second line as we rarely use it.

I recently received a letter stating bonded service was available in our area, but I have not had the opportunity actually check to see if it is indeed available.

bamaraid

Augusta, WV
reply to bamaraid

When i ordered the second connect (2nd time) the representitive stated that a phone number would be associated with it (i expected that). I confirmed with him that it would not call in or out and it was for dsl only. So i should only have to pay the 14.99 (second connect) and the modem rental fee of 6.99 = 21.98 + taxes to my bill, and I got the representitives name and employee number so hopefully tomorrow 8am - 5pm i will have it and will let all know how it goes

bamaraid

Augusta, WV

1 edit
reply to bamaraid

Ok finally got it today and they gave me the 7550 for it, all seems good getting good download speeds and upload speeds both hardwired and wireless. I will continue to monitor and see if anything goes wrong.

wired

wireless

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:2

Excellent, very happy to hear that.

bamaraid

Augusta, WV
reply to bamaraid

ok been a couple of days and have done speed test throughout the day and night at different times and stil showing basically the same results

Oh yeah forgot to mention when the installer came out the other day, the first thing he asked me was don't you already have service here? I told him yes then he asked why do you need another dsl then? I laughed and said when frontier finally gets above 1Mbs service here then i might not need another line. After that he was pretty cool. It just makes me laugh that frontier is putting the second connect out there and their installers are asking why do you need it.