spc
Search similar:

uniqs
itch
join:2008-12-06
Louisville, KY

itch

[CATV] cable leak

Has anyone been contacted by Insight about having a cable television leak on the wiring inside the house? I was contacted Monday about a leak on one of my wires and they scheduled a tech to investigate. The tech came this afternoon and found a connection that need a new connector to fix the leak. I live in the Irish hill neighborhood of Louisville.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by itch:

Has anyone been contacted by Insight about having a cable television leak on the wiring inside the house? I was contacted Monday about a leak on one of my wires and they scheduled a tech to investigate. The tech came this afternoon and found a connection that need a new connector to fix the leak. I live in the Irish hill neighborhood of Louisville.

I've not had it happen but yes it does -- Insight and other cable companies have to do QA check on their plant for leaks per FCC guidelines.. so yes if they find an issue at a residents they will work with you to correct it (or they have to by FCC rules disconnect you).
kalone
Premium Member
join:2002-07-02
Lexington, KY

kalone to itch

Premium Member

to itch
Yes once, several years ago I came home there was a red card on my door and my internet had been shut off. The problem was an old Wards TV I had in the kitchen. They put some kind of filter on it then left and restored my internet.

Insightuser
@airband.net

Insightuser to itch

Anon

to itch
They did this to me once too. I had some furniture tight to the wall so I bought two 90 degree adapters from Radio Shack. Apparently those leak like a mofo, and they made take them out. They also claimed if I put them back on that they would disconnect me. The guy wasn't very pleasant about it, but I guess he was just doing his job.

Fogro
@insightbb.com

Fogro to itch

Anon

to itch
Leaks are required to be fixed by FCC regulations. These are usually something simple, and can be found and fixed using special equipment. They can range from a number of different things and you should co-operate. It can only make your service better!