spc
uniqs

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat to Gone

to Gone

Re: Great news! - CRTC blocks Astral buy by Bell

said by Gone:

I'm hoping that the CRTC really starts forcing local news and content requirements on the networks, which in turn will mean that the CKVR transmitter Bell has applied for in Fonthill - to which they openly and completely admit is for no purposes other than simsubs - is either denied, or approved on the condition that it is a full transmitter that provides local coverage to the half a million people who live in the Niagara Region. CTV Two Niagara - I like the sound of that.

CTV Two (CKVP) is already broadcasting out of Fonthill. Not sure if they are broadcasting local content. Probably not ? I agree that they should. Would be cool to have local Niagara news.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by silvercat:

Would be cool to have local Niagara news.

What, like:

Tonight's top story - Vern's truck didn't start again. Film at 11.

silvercat

silvercat

LoL

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to silvercat

Premium Member

to silvercat
said by silvercat:

CTV Two (CKVP) is already broadcasting out of Fonthill. Not sure if they are broadcasting local content. Probably not ? I agree that they should. Would be cool to have local Niagara news.

It has dedicated call letters, that's rather interesting. I didn't even know it was approved, though. I know they ran into all sorts of problems in Hamilton. I'm going to have to run a rescan on my TV to see if anything comes up, but I doubt it will.
Gone

Gone to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

Tonight's top story - Vern's truck didn't start again. Film at 11.

Probably incessant bitching about the NHS and car accident after car accident on the QEW.

In other words, identical to what you'd get out of London, Kitchener, Barrie and Windsor.

silvercat

silvercat to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

It has dedicated call letters, that's rather interesting. I didn't even know it was approved, though. I know they ran into all sorts of problems in Hamilton. I'm going to have to run a rescan on my TV to see if anything comes up, but I doubt it will.

You're probably close enough that you can get it from Fort Erie. I can get it from Niagara Falls, and the antenna isn't even pointing towards Fonthill (but the range in degrees that the front of the antenna can pick up is pretty wide)

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Just manually tuned my TV to 42. Nadda. Buffalo comes in great, though.