spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

desgnconcpts

join:2003-09-24
reply to negativeduck

Re: [Speed] 25mb speed only 0.4mbs in Lincoln Park!

Thank you!
If you need any more information from me, please let me know.

desgnconcpts

Bryan,
Sent you 2 PM's re the latest episode. Appears as if RCN customer service said they were charging $9 for a "refresh" signal. The problem as I think you know is outside the building -- either the drop from the utility pole or further upstream.

negativeduck
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-14
Centreville, VA
kudos:1
So couple things, first shot a note back over to Chicago to see where they stand. Now regarding the $9 fee I had someone from Customer service look and they could find no reference to this fee anywhere so it shouldn't be on your bill. They did see the troublecall was canceled on the 11/6 but there shouldn't be a for anything. Likewise the person I was speaking to had no idea what that fee could have even been in reference too atleast in this context.
--
Bryan Laird
RCN Engineering

desgnconcpts

Hi Bryan
Thank you for the follow up. I was in an all-day meeting, just now getting to go through my emails/messages.

Let me know what you find out re the Chi guys trying to fix their connection.

desgnconcpts

reply to desgnconcpts
Hi Bryan,

Just an FYI -- tonight their television signal was out -- internet was OK.

Can you find out what's going on with the Chicago guys? Would really like to not have this problem keep popping so often.

Thanks

negativeduck
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-14
Centreville, VA
kudos:1
Greetings, they got out there yesterday and re-balanced the amp. While that looks to have helped a pretty good deal we're going to watch it again. Put an updated tracker on it so we can see if that helps or if there is more to do.

Just wanted to follow up.
--
Bryan Laird
RCN Engineering

desgnconcpts

Hi Bryan,
That's great news -- I will let my daughter and her room-mates know that you've taken an initial step and that might be all that's necessary.

I'll let you know if there are any more hiccups with either the TV or internet side of things.

Very much appreciate your help!
Thank you!

desgnconcpts

reply to negativeduck
Hi Bryan,

Well, we're not even 2 months down the road and the same problems have cropped up once again.

Wonder if you can put a search on the line again to determine what's wrong. Would sure like a permanent fix but maybe that's too much to ask?

Thanks for your help.

desgnconcpts

1 edit
Hello Bryan (or another RCN support person)

I have not heard back and we are still having issues with the internet service.

Here are the screen shots of upload/download. As you can see, dead in the water both ways with some of the specs "nearly" out of range and others seemingly OK.

modem mac removed