uniqs
share rss forum feed

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to justin9876

Re: [DVR] 7232 Slow, Unrepsonsive Until Warms Up or a Reboot

said by justin9876:

FYI, a Verizon rep has posted something over on the Verizon Forums that gives a clue of what the problem is, and more importantly a timeframe for when it will be fixed:

»forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Te···9#M38953

issue was inadvertently caused by a new ad deployment system. You should see some improvement in the next 2 weeks as we are disabling this capability on many channels.

We will be deploying a software fix on all your set top boxes between November 26 to January 7 across all FIOS markets which should resolve this issue fully
-------------------

ad deployment system?...so it's not a Guide issue?...ad deployment imbedded within channels?...Nov 26- Jan 7TH??...why does Verizon take so long to fix any sort of widespread issue for?

stevec325

join:2008-09-16
Newtown, PA
said by TitusTroy:
ad deployment system?...so it's not a Guide issue?...ad deployment imbedded within channels?...Nov 26- Jan 7TH??...why does Verizon take so long to fix any sort of widespread issue for?

Ya know... this really pisses me off. They take forever to update the software, claiming "testing". Then, they release junk anyway.

Then... the whole process starts over again!

It's a good thing they keep raising rates. They should make more money for putting out such a quality product.
--
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week"