pvtpilot94
System
Premium Member
join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH

pvtpilot94

Premium Member

GEN4 Equipment

I can't seem to find any images of the new HT1000 equipment. I was wondering what the
modem and outdoor equipment look like compared to my HN7000S.. If someone can post a picture that would be great.
montana_sat
Premium Member
join:2005-12-05
Kalispell, MT

montana_sat

Premium Member

HughesNet Gen 4

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

Modem is pretty much the same as the HN9000 series, just charcoal grey like in that picture, here is a pic of one installed on pole.

Kaosfury
join:2011-06-27
Altavista, VA

Kaosfury

LOL Classic miserable install...

wire hanging inappropriately...... absolutely not to code.... wire going 1/2 down the pole and than pulled to the brick wall?

LOL

another installer needs to lose his job.

actually i see... it was a upgrade... he added a block to the pole to he could add 5 feet of wire and get the heck out of there.

lol
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

that's tragically funny.. they get highschool dropouts to do the installs and pay them probably $15/HR. and maybe mileage...

about as bad as being an IT Project Engineer and getting paid $18/Hr., with no OT or benefits to rack, configure, and build accounts and migrate data for a Texas based lawfirm. Ahhh. Corporate Amerika!!! Work more for less!!

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88 to Kaosfury

Anon

to Kaosfury
@Kaosfury
That was about the only way he could install it considering the ground and local zoning codes. Had he taken that wire to the ground and brought in under the home I would have had to call zoning and planning because of the requirements for this little one acre lot. Seems you are just trying to find things to nitpick at IMO.

Rather ridiculous for this area honestly, installers don't consider local codes, or zoning codes, they just do what they think they should do, I saved my self a headache by not letting him run into the ground, and believe it or not, most satellites around here, they have to jump across like that because of zoning codes for this area. If I had let the installer go against code, guess who would be up the creek with a huge fine when the next door neighbors report a code violation, which they have in the past.

So next time you wish to complain about codes, consider federal, state, county, THEN consider some counties have different codes for different residential areas in that county.

Sure he may not have looped the wire or anything, but honestly, IMO, that's perfectly fine since the wire is at a low point on both sides of the block.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to pvtpilot94

to pvtpilot94
said by C0RR0SIVE88 :

here is a pic of one installed on pole.

Classic example of why I self-install. Not only do I understand GBS, I've never had a problem arriving at an installation solution that conforms to or exceeds code.

//greg//

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

grohgreg, please, go ahead and highly detail how you would have installed my dish to have met local building/zoning codes for my area, and standard install codes?
Kaosfury
join:2011-06-27
Altavista, VA

Kaosfury

there is no code, please. in fact, that looks like a trip hazard.

proper install, wire goes down pole... buried under gound, and up the wall.

if there is a code, copy paste bud, i love to learn, when given direct proof of fact.

im not trying to fight with you, i just found it odd that it was done that way, i know if i got QC'd by my supervisor, he would call me on it, and ask for a explination.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to C0RR0SIVE88

to C0RR0SIVE88
Don't be facetious, it's impossible to detail an installation based upon one crappy photo. But it doesn't take a genius to understand and apply NEC to any given situation.

//greg//

The Geezer
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
43.3Á

The Geezer to Kaosfury

Premium Member

to Kaosfury
I don't see a ground wire from the installation or a proper ground post to attach it to! I'd be very careful when the next electrical storm hits - and also be cautious of static buildup in the wiring. Is it even grounded to the house ground next to the utility panel?

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

Look at the two horizontal black lines on the pole, and the red spot sticking out to the left of the lower line. What that strongly suggests is that - whoever installed this mess - strapped the coaxial ground block to the pole with a couple of cable ties. If true, it supports further suspicion that the idiot assumes contact between the block and the pipe constitutes an acceptable ground.

//greg//

jsme304
join:2009-10-16
Lampasas, TX

jsme304 to montana_sat

to montana_sat
in this picture, post 1 a very weak Hughesnet mount compared to my Exede receiver and Tria mounts..