Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to Rook008

Premium Member

to Rook008

Re: Arrow - Premieres tonite

The ending was good. I didn't expect that.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

said by Alcohol:

You mean the guy in the hood shooting at him with arrows right? That was unexpected.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by BigSensFan:

said by Alcohol:

You mean the guy in the hood shooting at him with arrows right? That was unexpected.

Yeah. I had no idea he was copying someone. Always figured he learned those moves trying to survive, hunting and shit.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
That was probably the best part of the episode. The rest of the episode, especially the part about the detective's two daughters, seemed pretty soapy.

I figured he was starving on the island and learned to hunt to stay alive, but going up against an archer seems like it would be a much better story.
LucasLee
join:2010-11-26

LucasLee

said by Rook008:

the part about the detective's two daughters, seemed pretty soapy.

apparently, i need to watch more of the "soap operas" you guys are watching. cause i've never seen one with a vigilante archer on a rampage and fighting Kelly Hu.

Oliver Queen, like any "superhero" requires motivation for his actions, and consequences for his choices. his relationships with his family and former lovers are a huge part of this. having hurt the feelings of the "love of his life" (Dinah), he must balance the selfish mistakes of his past with his desire to "save" his city. i think the conflict with the honorable police detective, that just so happens to be the father of two of this former flames is great fodder for this balancing act.

additionally, Oliver Queen has always been portrayed as a bit of a ladies man.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

I agree but it's annoying to see one guy being involved with every person in the family. The police had to be the father of the daughter he got killed while cheating on his other daughter. If they had a mother he'd probably be involved with her too.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

Yeah. I had no idea he was copying someone. Always figured he learned those moves trying to survive, hunting and shit.

I figured someone on the island trained him. That bow of his in that case seemed to finely crafted to be something he just made.

Though I am still curious about his electronic arrows. Not something I would expect him to learn how to use on that island. And not something you could easily make or buy from the local sporting goods store.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by Voxxjin:

said by Alcohol:

I figured someone on the island trained him. That bow of his in that case seemed to finely crafted to be something he just made.

Though I am still curious about his electronic arrows. Not something I would expect him to learn how to use on that island. And not something you could easily make or buy from the local sporting goods store.

Yeah, the arrow that can magically drain a safe of electronic cash.
LucasLee
join:2010-11-26

LucasLee

said by Alcohol:

heh, not "magic", science fiction!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by LucasLee:

said by Alcohol:

heh, not "magic", science fiction!

One person's advanced technology is another person's "magic"