share rss forum feed

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
reply to Caddyroger

Re: 97 ford crown vic, temp sensor nut blew out, epoxy repair?

Not really worth the R&R for time, and trouble.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Juggernaut:

Not really worth the R&R for time, and trouble.

Not every one can afford to go can get new parts. Going to the junk yard may be time consuming and you have to your hands dirty it worth the savings.
--
Caddy

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
A day off work? Searching for the part, and then travel to the yard? How much is that gonna cost?

It really would depend on the OP's circumstance.
--
I'm not anti-social, I just don't like stupid people.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
How about after work or on your day off, I gallon of gas compared to $50.00 extra cost. Which one is cheaper.
One poster was giving $197.00 at rock auto and the op was said he wanted a temp fix until he could save up for a new manifold. That telling me he does not have extra money on hand. A used manifold is just as good as a new one.

--
Caddy

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
Not only gas but time, bro. Yank it at the yard, and then install. Still 50% more time, and you need a new gasket as well. More time to the parts place.

Maybe the OP can clue us both in what's better for him.
--
I'm not anti-social, I just don't like stupid people.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
24.20 if you go to the time and trouble to remove it yourself at this place. »www.wegotused.com/wp-content/upl···List.pdf
Im guessing around 75 if you just stop and have them remove it.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west

1 edit
I should said get a 2002 model with the revised manifold. It would be like the new model but a hell a lot cheaper even with buying a gasket.
--
Caddy

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
I figured it was a given that he would look for the updated version. 4.6 liters are all over the yards. Hell im thinking maybe i should go get a couple and list them on ebay. Amazing how many ford parts are fitting in the POS part category that never made recall status.