Technicolor TC4400

1 edit

2 recommendations

Dustyn

Premium Member

[WIN7+WIN8] Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center v2.0.161.0

Click for full size
Available on Windows Update and works with Windows 7 32/64-bit
DOWNLOAD: »www.microsoft.com/hardwa ··· d-center or Windows Update.
PREVIOUS VERSION: »[WIN7+WIN8] Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center v1.1.500.0
Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4. Installer will download and install Kernal-Mode Driver Framework package (KB2686811).

Gone Fishing
Premium Member
join:2001-06-29

1 edit

Gone Fishing

Premium Member

Thanks.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to Dustyn

Premium Member

to Dustyn
It could have been the way I did the install the first time, but I'm still seeing the errors in the event logs.

When I installed it, I used that other EXE that I posted in the other thread (not the "official" one from the download page, but the one that was extracted during the install from Windows Update.

I have since uninstalled what I had, rebooted, and re-installed using the updated download that you linked to.

By the way, I'm not seeing any reference of having installed the Kernal-Mode Driver Framework package (KB2686811). So, that could be why.

I'm not to worried about it, as I've had that error before and everything worked fine. The next time I rebuild my system, I'll install just the updated install that I saved from the webpage, and then look for the Kernal-Mode Driver Framework.

--Brian

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

1 recommendation

chachazz to Dustyn

Premium Member

to Dustyn
Thanks; got it today through Windows Update.

All the installers - »www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ··· id=35379

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

1 recommendation

Dustyn

Premium Member

Never saw that link, thanks!

plencnerb
Premium Member
53403-1242

1 recommendation

plencnerb to Dustyn

Premium Member

to Dustyn
Click for full size
Looks like there is a new version of the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center (see above picture).

I'm going to wait until it shows up on this page before I install it

»www.microsoft.com/hardwa ··· d-center

I checked, and the file that is there to download is still version 2.0.161.0.

But, wanted to give the heads up that a new version appears to be out.

Maybe they fixed it, so that when you launch the software you no longer get that error event (Unknown Note#text)!

--Brian

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

4 edits

Dustyn

Premium Member

Click for full size
said by plencnerb:

Looks like there is a new version of the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center (see above picture).

I'm going to wait until it shows up on this page before I install it

I checked, and the file that is there to download is still version 2.0.161.0.

But, wanted to give the heads up that a new version appears to be out.

Maybe they fixed it, so that when you launch the software you no longer get that error event (Unknown Note#text)!

--Brian

»Re: [WIN7+WIN8] Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center v1.1.500.0
In the previous build I believe that error was fixed.
Wanted to let you know that I downloaded this update a couple days ago via Windows Update... never got around to updating it here so thanks for the reminder! Also, I launched it several times and played around with the customizations... the errors have not reappeared. What I found odd was that the version information through Windows Update has not changed: It is still v2.0.161.0.

plencnerb
Premium Member
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

No problem!

I just tested now, and I still get the error every time I launch the application.

Of course, I'm running this on Windows 7 too, so that may have something to do with it.

I also took a look at the 64 bit version of the download from the webpage (not windows update). The filename, size, version, and digital signature still match the version that I downloaded back in October.

Makes me wonder what changes are in this update? I'm in no rush to install it, but I will keep an eye on the webpage to see if a new EXE does get posted.

--Brian

steve1a
MVM
join:2001-05-07
Berkeley, CA

1 edit

steve1a to Dustyn

MVM

to Dustyn
I haven't been able to get the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center to correctly identify my Wireless Comfort Keyboard 4000 under Windows 8.

If I click on the Keyboard settings I only get a wireless mouse setting which since I actually have a Logitech Revolution using the latest setpoint doesn't make any sense.

If I disable the Microsoft Mouse in device manager then no devices are detected when I click the Keyboard settings.

I rolled back to Intellitype Pro 8.0 and the keyboard settings are now available.

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

1 recommendation

Dustyn

Premium Member

That would be because your keyboard is not supported at the moment, and may never be. This is why Microsoft will continue to support the IntelliType and IntelliPoint software for older hardware. The link below will let you know if the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center will work with your specific hardware:
»www.microsoft.com/hardwa ··· -devices

steve1a
MVM
join:2001-05-07
Berkeley, CA

steve1a

MVM

Thanks Dustyn See Profile ! Windows 8 automatically updated to the Mouse and Keyboard Center when I did the install and it still appears via Windows Update when I run it.
I'll just toggle to hide it via the update which I only do manually anyhoo -

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN

2 edits

Dustyn

Premium Member

You're welcome.
I'm actually not sure why this is appearing on Windows Update for you?

plencnerb
Premium Member
53403-1242

1 edit

1 recommendation

plencnerb

Premium Member

Click for full size

said by Dustyn:

You're welcome.
I'm actually not sure why this is appearing on Windows Update for you?

I figured it out!

There is a new version out. It is version 2.0.162.0. Took a bit of searching on Microsoft's site, but I found it.

Instead of going to the "new" download page, which is below

Go here

»www.microsoft.com/hardwa ··· keyboard

For whatever reason, if you go to the 1st link, it still has the .161 version, and not the updated .162 version.

The 2nd link is the old download location (See #1 above). Both the old software (IntelliType) and the new (Mouse and Keyboard Center) are listed as options.

If you select your OS and architecture, and then hit the download button, you will download the file shown in the 2nd picture.

Digital Signature dates for .161 and .162 are below
• v2.0.161.0 ---> Monday, October 15, 2012
• v2.0.162.0 ---> Sunday, November 04, 2012

So, don't know if we need a new thread for that small update or not. However, I was able to find the actual EXE to download.

EDIT

I noticed that after installing the 162 version, I'm still seeing an update offered in Windows Update. Not sure if its because I installed 161 first, and something did not fully take, or of there is an even newer version then 162 out there. Looks like I need to put the detective hat back on and continue my hunt!

--Brian

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

1 edit

Dustyn

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
It has been updated via your first link too.
It's just not on the landing page.
By choosing your keyboard and/or mouse and you'll see it's the 162.0 version as you said. Thanks

plencnerb
Premium Member
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

No problem!

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn to plencnerb

Premium Member

to plencnerb
said by plencnerb:

EDIT

I noticed that after installing the 162 version, I'm still seeing an update offered in Windows Update. Not sure if its because I installed 161 first, and something did not fully take, or of there is an even newer version then 162 out there. Looks like I need to put the detective hat back on and continue my hunt!

--Brian

That happened today for myself also after installing »[WIN7+WIN8] Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center v2.0.162.0
It was aimed specifically at updating my mouse driver from the September 2012 driver to the November 2012 driver.