I bought the N66U today lol

I haven't hooked it up yet, but she's a beast lol

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24

damir52

Premium Member

r you going to flash it with tomato or dd-wrt?
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

you all say the wrtg54l is to old for 30/2 yet i max my connection on 25/10 with one.. i would imagine the cpu would be not much differently taxed
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru

said by morisato:

you all say the wrtg54l is to old for 30/2 yet i max my connection on 25/10 with one.. i would imagine the cpu would be not much differently taxed

You may be able to max your connection but how stable is it?
I also have WRT54GL and I use my router way too much, I have minimum of 10 devices connected + 3TB HDD and 8 hours of HD streaming.
Guru

Guru to kcorscadden

to kcorscadden
Congrats!
kcorscadden
join:2007-04-04
Kingston, ON

kcorscadden to morisato

to morisato
said by morisato:

I get around 23/2 (should be 30/2 with Pro), but I can see the WRT54GL is struggling to maintain it. I haven't hooked up the N66U yet as I bought it last night and didn't have time to set it up, but will today.

I'll take a look at the firmware and decide whether to flash it or not, but I do have the Tomato firmware ready to go if I decide to flash it
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to Guru

to Guru
said by Guru:

said by morisato:

You may be able to max your connection but how stable is it?
I also have WRT54GL and I use my router way too much, I have minimum of 10 devices connected + 3TB HDD and 8 hours of HD streaming.

My connection is rock solid... before u throw yer old steady in the trash or cupboard dd-wrt for example has simple cpu overclock options.. which can fix your issue. i havelike 8- 10 devices between my wired and wireless options. as well and i am using my connection maxed out frequently i break 900gig- 1 tb a month so.