join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·AT&T Midwest
·Time Warner Cable
reply to hchen42

Re: [TWC] TWC still charged me modem rental fee!

I switched to a new modem on Thursday 11 October. I carried my leased modem in to the nearest TW store on Wednesday 17 October around 5 PM. They gave me a receipt.

I was surprised that my bill generated 18 October did not have the charge.

So set your expectations low, and prepare to follow up with them.
--
USNG:
16TDN2870
Find your USNG coordinates:
USNGWeb

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19

Did not have the charge, correct? That's good as often billing is created 10 days prior to the generated date. (or, was your bill generated October 18th with actually billing cycle the 28th?)

ArgMeMatey

join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·AT&T Midwest
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

said by NightOwl2:

Did not have the charge, correct? That's good as often billing is created 10 days prior to the generated date. (or, was your bill generated October 18th with actually billing cycle the 28th?)

My statements are dated the 17th or 18th of each month. My billing cycle runs from the 24th to the 23rd.

For whatever reason I am getting an error message when trying to view my bill online.

(August) without modem fee was $31.67.
(September) with modem fee was $34.31.
(October) after I returned their modem, is $30.53.

I can only speculate that the lower October amount includes a prorated credit for prepaid modem rental.

Edit: I was finally able to view the bill PDF. In fact, they did credit my account from the date the leased modem was disconnected (11 Oct), not the date I returned it to the TW Store. So I, at least, can't complain.
--
USNG:
16TDN2870
Find your USNG coordinates:
USNGWeb

@rr.com

Same thing happened to me, just checked my online statement and there we go they charged me for my own modem, had to spend 30 mins on the phone to get it corrected