how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Art Deco

join:2011-04-27

1 edit

[Tampa] DVRs & Dropped Channels

If I have a program recorded on my DVR from a channel that is later dropped, will I still be able to access it after the channel is removed?

(EDIT: Just for clarification, I'm referring to a channel dropped by Bright House from the lineup, although the question could apply as well to a channel I would no longer subscribe to).

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net
Once it is recorded on the DVR's HD...its there to watch forever....until you delete it

waynew

join:2012-03-16
Lake Mary, FL
In my experience, that is not always true. I record a movie a long ago, probably during an HBO free preview. When I went to watch it a long time later, it presented itself as a PPV. I can only assume that since the only mention of the movie in the guide was PPV, it somehow applied to this movie. This may have also been a freak occurrence due to DVR software upgrades or something. But I recall somebody else with some old football (SuperBowl?) games that had the same issue... the DVR wants you to pay and will not let you delete it.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to Art Deco
said by Art Deco:

If I have a program recorded on my DVR from a channel that is later dropped, will I still be able to access it after the channel is removed?

(EDIT: Just for clarification, I'm referring to a channel dropped by Bright House from the lineup, although the question could apply as well to a channel I would no longer subscribe to).

Generally speaking yes....depends on the DVR and situation.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net
reply to waynew
If I am not mistaken, you could never record a Prem Channel like HBO. It was restricted by Software. The reason I know this is, because you could, and I did, record a Prem Channel by using the Vedio\Audio Outputs off the DVR Box....connect it to your VCR....and it recorded. I thought how silly it was that the restrictions within the DVR disallowed recording of Prem Channels but yet you could record it on a VCR.

opp

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert
I still have stuff recorded from ESPN classic which I no longer have after it went to sports pass package.