how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rsempell

join:2004-12-28
San Diego, CA

New time warner service

I just got service with a cisco 4642hdc i cannot set my aspect ratio to 1080i it is stuck in 720p and also i lose audio when changing channels some have audio some dont.

Crapigator

@rr.com

Welcome to the awesome features of Navigator - ENJOY BETTER!

Try a box reboot, then get used to doing it about once a week or so.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to rsempell

Maybe it's the hdmi cable. Try a different one or switch to compnent cables.

I use component myself and I get 1080i using them.

If none of these work, then it's the box and should be replaced.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

Satch

join:2009-11-25

Before doing anything,

1.) Check to see that your settings match up under Settings, Audio and Display. Make sure they coincide with your TV and equipment.

2.) If the problem still exists, cold reboot the box by doing the following:

1.) Turn off the box
2.) Unplug the box for 30 seconds.
3.) Plug the box back in and wait for the box to reboot. Rebooting will be complete when the clock appears on the display and stays on the display for 10 seconds.
4.) Turn your box back on. There may be a slight delay before the picture reappears.
5.) If you still have problems:

1.) Check Audio and Video Settings
2.) If that does not solve the problem, switch to Component Cables, change any settings that are relevant to this. If the box does not recognize the component cables on its own.
3.) If that does not work, call to swap the box out, or take the box in to a TWC outlet center for exchange.

Satch

rsempell

San Diego, CA
reply to rsempell

Thanks for the help guys! I rebooted the box n still hav audio sync problems every one in a while. I think i am going to try component cables next. Then all of a sudden while watching time warner sports net last night i tried puttin it in 1080i mode and bam! It worked.

Another question i had was is there an alternative to these boxes? What is the best box? I came from att u verse and i must say their service and equipment is a lot better.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX

Depending on your area, they might also have samsung boxes or even motorola boxes.

You could also purchase and use a Tivo.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

rsempell

San Diego, CA
reply to rsempell

What would you recommend sir?

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

I recently got a cisco 8742 hd-dvr. In my area, it's the newest model available. If it's available in your area, pick one up. It is quick and smooth changing channels, using video on demand and going through the menus and guides. I previously had a 8640. The 8742 is much better in my opinion.
--

roc5955
Premium
join:2005-11-26
Rosendale, NY
reply to Satch

4) Turn your box back on. There may be a slight (5-45 min) delay before the picture reappears.
--
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

Expand your moderator at work