Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to not quite right

Premium Member

to not quite right

Re: [iPhone] Block or decline APP updates

There are lots of reasons not to update. Lots of people were annoyed with IHeartRadio posted an update where you have to start logging in using FaceBook. If you didn't save the app trashed by iTunes you were stuck using FaceBook.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right

said by skeechan:

There are lots of reasons not to update. Lots of people were annoyed with IHeartRadio posted an update where you have to start logging in using FaceBook. If you didn't save the app trashed by iTunes you were stuck using FaceBook.

Ok that's totally a first world problem now isn't it?
#1- Who doesn't have a Facebook page?
#2- Who cares if the app uses your Facebook login to login? The only reason they do that is because its a free app and they want to make a buck. I have yet to see a paid app require you to login through Facebook.
#3 I understand the point you're trying to make, but I still feel it's best to update as new updates arrive. From my experience with the hundreds of Apps I've had in the past is that updates have fixed more problems or enhanced the App more than it has ever broken them. I try not worry about every little thing that's not in my control.