share rss forum feed

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Moorecards

Re: [NFL] Week 7 Games Discussion

Great 4th quarter in the Redskins/Giants game.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit
said by Rook008:

And Tampa Bay trying to tie game with 17 secs left inside the 10. They need TD & extra point.
Now 4th & goal with 6 secs left. Tampa Bay gets 1 shot at the TD now.

Amazing - a TD with no time left for TB. But a penalty nullifies the TD(receiver had stepped out of bounds on sideline before going to end zone for the catch) . New Orleans wins game.

--
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-plat···onalism/

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
I thought that was a TD catch, but I guess he didn't properly establish himself in-bounds before the reception.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

It sure was. Despite 4 turnovers, and a total lapse in pass defense, and the Skins still almost beat the Giants. They have no right to beat the Giants, the Giants are just much better than the Skins. But they almost did. I'm disappointed but man, was that entertaining.

The Ravens totally got their butts kicked.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
said by fatness:

--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31
kudos:2
reply to fatness
Yeah, the Redskins/Giants game was a good one for sure.
And RG3 continues to impress me...20-of-28 for 258 yards, two touchdowns (and an interception), to go along with 89 rushing yards on nine carries. He's about as far from someone who should be called a "rookie" as I've ever seen.
But then, there's always Eli to contend with when it comes crunch time.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA
reply to fatness
said by fatness:

I knew this one was coming.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to rockotman
Not sure if it was because we were playing the Bungles but I was impressed with Dwyer last night. He found a lot of holes that I couldn't see and he pretty much just plowed straight ahead. Not super fast or agile. Almost reminded me of bettis.

Good game for the Steelers. They came up with some new ways to move the ball and we almost had a great trick play.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
reply to jabarnut
said by jabarnut:

Yeah, the Redskins/Giants game was a good one for sure.
And RG3 continues to impress me...20-of-28 for 258 yards, two touchdowns (and an interception), to go along with 89 rushing yards on nine carries. He's about as far from someone who should be called a "rookie" as I've ever seen.
But then, there's always Eli to contend with when it comes crunch time.

Gotta give Eli his 'props', no doubt. But it sure helps when the pass defense allows a receiver to run right past them at a point in the game when throwing deep has to be most expected.
I don't miss LaRon Landry or Carlos Rogers even a little bit, but the people they replaced them with are no upgrade whatsoever-- really not even so much as a 'sideways-grade'. They stink. Stink bad.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
It helped that they let Cruz run right past them, but come on man, it's Eli. You know it was going to happen sooner or later
At the end of the game and behind on the scoreboard, I'd take Eli over most QB's in the league.

RG3 looked pretty good for a rookie and with a banged up team though. Gotta give him some props too.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
said by Rook008:

It helped that they let Cruz run right past them, but come on man, it's Eli. You know it was going to happen sooner or later
At the end of the game and behind on the scoreboard, I'd take Eli over most QB's in the league.

RG3 looked pretty good for a rookie and with a banged up team though. Gotta give him some props too.

RGIII basically IS the team now.
For years, 17 points was a virtual offensive explosion for the Skinnies. Now, they routinely get that by halftime or earlier-- using a little-thought-of rookie running back and receivers who scare nobody, to boot.

Their defense reeks. Reeks so bad you can almost see the fumes rise off them as they take the field.
Now the Skins score plenty-- unfortunately, the other team is often scoring 'heap more', as the song says (or originally said, anyway).
Ugh. As soon as we gettum some actual offense, we needum totally new defense.

As Great Spirit say-- always friggin something.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
That 4th down and 10 play in the 4th quarter was great. I thought for sure JPP was going to sack him. The guy is pretty elusive scrambling around yet still looking downfield for the open receiver.

And the 'Skins defense did hold Bradshaw to 40 or so yards on the ground. He had 300+ yards combined the last two weeks.
That's, ya know, something.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken